Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for c-hook

Michael Sullivan

That was not from CNC Software that was a 3rd party. I believe they were from Japan. Might check the Japanese Mastercam dealers and see if they have a download on one of their site.

Thanks Ron. Do you happen to remember the name of it?

I tried searching this forum with no luck. It was probably around X4 or something when I used it...

I believe that it was on the "old" forum before the switch.

If memory serves me, it was an AE who worked for them, his boss asked him to stop supporting because it was costing them too much time to do so....

That's the hard part of becoming dependent on 3rd offerings...many have come along only to go by the wayside

This is what I was thinking of. X+ had a freehand sketch drawing feature that showed a cutter diameter so you could draw lines while referencing a tool diameter. You would then have to apply your own contour toolpath to it with comp set to off. Not exactly the same but gets you halfway there.

Mentioned in this topic..

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/71347-mastercam-suggestion/

Boom!

Now to figure out how to get IT to approve installing a program from a website in Japanese. Lol

That may not be too easy with our security protocols...

I just installed it for X9 and it seems to working just fine. I had to guess about the install since it was in Japanese, but got it done.

Shoot me and email and I will email it only a 2.7mb file.

• Like 1

This is what I was thinking of. X+ had a freehand sketch drawing feature that showed a cutter diameter so you could draw lines while referencing a tool diameter. You would then have to apply your own contour toolpath to it with comp set to off. Not exactly the same but gets you halfway there.

Mentioned in this topic..

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/71347-mastercam-suggestion/

Yes, it's still part of X+.

• Like 1

I just installed it for X9 and it seems to working just fine.

Ron,

Is the toolpath sketcher included in the utilities? This is going back a few years so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall that the toolpath sketcher was just one feature of AI Utilities and it was no longer going to be included for free. The rest of the utilities were still going to be a free download though. In other words, just because you have AI Utilities for X9 doesn't mean that you have the toolpath sketcher. Since you've installed it, is it still included?

Sweet!

I'll have to download it. I forgot that it also had the chain manager. Being able to use the chain manager for pre-selection is VERY handy. Why it was removed (in version X?) is beyond me. The options that replaced it don't allow you to do everything that the chain manager does.

Thank you Taskashi and AI Solutions!

• Like 1

I just installed it for X9 and it seems to working just fine. I had to guess about the install since it was in Japanese, but got it done.

Shoot me and email and I will email it only a 2.7mb file.

Thanks for the offer man but I don't have admin rights on my box so it wont do me much good.

I would contact ai solutions directly, but the website is all Japanese so I don't see the contact link! lol

I'm going to send Takashi Sato a PM...

Thanks for the offer man but I don't have admin rights on my box so it wont do me much good.

I would contact ai solutions directly, but the website is all Japanese so I don't see the contact link! lol

I'm going to send Takashi Sato a PM...

Run it through Google Translate. It all was translated pretty easily. I worked on some localization projects when I worked for a software company so I learned a few things on how to work with different languages. Help to also have a Ti-Lingual wife and kids.

• Like 1