Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jammer™

"Toolpaths" in V9 was <T>.  In X it's <Alt> <T>.  In 2017 it's <Alt> <J> <M>.

How does that even pretend to make sense?!  How it is faster or easier for it to take three times as many keystrokes as it should?

How about if every time you're writing an email and you want <Space> you have to hit <Ctrl> <Alt> <E> <R> <Q>, would that be faster and easier?  Or of course you could always click your message out on the the onscreen keyboard.

tangent lines.

4sk3cVr.jpg

in v9 and previous versions, to;

create a line tangent at an angle;

<c> <l> <t> <a> <pick entity> <enter angle> <enter length> done

create a line tangent to two entities;

<c> <l> <t> <2> <pick entities> done

X and beyond? a monumental amount of screwing around to do what used to be able to be done in less than 1500 milliseconds.

how is this progress?

i've made my decision. i totally skipped X and went from v9 to X2. now i'm totally skipping 2017 and will maybe use 2018 if Cimatron doesn't pique my interest first.

• Like 2

I started in X2 and was a little overwhelmed by many of the features that were built into the program. The only icons I used was anything in the create wireframe, and the data entry fields. Everything else I would use was from the drop down menus.

I am still confused about the difference between all the views in X series. You had a green WCS with an A and  get Top, Front, Right, then you have a red WCS with Top, Front, Right. Then You had a WCS at the bottom with Purple Icons with Top Front and Right.

I just used the plane manager and the alt quick keys. I never found out what the story was with that whole thing.

I would like to know what tool manager problems you folks are having. I have made tool library in the Tool Manager and mad them from inside and added and subtracted and custom tools and not had one crash from it.

Every version we go thru some crash like crazy and then other that don't. I don't have like most. I think X7 I had a lot during and after release and it got much better on X8 and up for me. these days are far and beyond that I get one. I am happy. but not for you folks that have them all the time as I know like you folks really can screw up the flow of pathing.

Good luck guys. Hope to see some you at IMTS

I would like to know what tool manager problems you folks are having. I have made tool library in the Tool Manager and mad them from inside and added and subtracted and custom tools and not had one crash from it.

Every version we go thru some crash like crazy and then other that don't. I don't have like most. I think X7 I had a lot during and after release and it got much better on X8 and up for me. these days are far and beyond that I get one. I am happy. but not for you folks that have them all the time as I know like you folks really can screw up the flow of pathing.

I am not necessarily seeing issues when I am using the standalone tool manager. When inside of mcam, when I create/edit a tool, crash city.

I am not necessarily seeing issues when I am using the standalone tool manager. When inside of mcam, when I create/edit a tool, crash city.

I have a question for the guys that are crashing when creating or editing tools

Are you libraries inside you user folders or shared folders??

I've got all my libraries on our network and this issue just does not happen to me or the 3 other programmer's

running MC2017

I have a question for the guys that are crashing when creating or editing tools

Are you libraries inside you user folders or shared folders??

I've got all my libraries on our network and this issue just does not happen to me or the 3 other programmer's

running MC2017

Tool libraries are on the network also, and I have full permissions at that network location.

When I create a tool inside of mcam, (when the crash happens) I would think that it is a local copy until it is saved to the network.

Local computer.

Right click "Edit Tool"...crash

It isn't immediate... I can edit tool at least once with no crash... sometimes I get lucky and I can edit tool 3, 4 or even more... but eventually... :nuke:

...then I'm like :realmad:

... then I realize I forgot to save for 20 minutes and I'm like :cry:

You get the picture.

Edit:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2017\mill\Tools

• Like 2

Local computer.

Right click "Edit Tool"...crash

It isn't immediate... I can edit tool at least once with no crash... sometimes I get lucky and I can edit tool 3, 4 or even more... but eventually... :nuke:

...then I'm like :realmad:

... then I realize I forgot to save for 20 minutes and I'm like :cry:

You get the picture.

Edit:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2017\mill\Tools

Sorry its happening to you, but I am glad I am not the only one. Identical behavior.

our tool libraries reside on out network:

P:\Mastercam Machines 2017\Tool Libraries

Guys, there is a bug, possibly 2.....as I stated earlier on, I have worked with CNC on this one.....

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/88918-2018/?p=1081439

AFAIK, it will be fixed in the 1st update.....

I am running 2 dll's which were updated and recompiled...I have not experience another tool crash in just over a week.....

and before anyone asks, no, I cannot share the files....

Just posted on the main CNC forum

http://forum.mastercam.com/FindPost15789.aspx

Guys, there is a bug, possibly 2.....as I stated earlier on, I have worked with CNC on this one.....

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/88918-2018/?p=1081439

AFAIK, it will be fixed in the 1st update.....

I am running 2 dll's which were updated and recompiled...I have not experience another tool crash in just over a week.....

and before anyone asks, no, I cannot share the files....

but why are some people crashing and others have no problems at all???

See, X7 has been solid for me.

X8 and 9 not as solid and nothing 'really new' so i stayed at X7.

See, X7 has been solid for me.

X8 and 9 not as solid and nothing 'really new' so i stayed at X7.

I guess it depends on what you're using the software for.

X8 provided a huge improvement in 5X capability

X9 added more.. and allowed me to run verify on huge stls

The work I do today wouldn't run at all in X7

• Like 1

I actually thought X9 was pretty stable as far as MC goes. There are still loads of bugs, but not too many new ones. Even MCFSW X9 has been working out most of the time :sofa:

I can only remember 2x lock-ups with X9. It is by far the best version I have used for production.

I know I know, I mustn't live in the past... :cry:

• Like 1

I actually thought X9 was pretty stable as far as MC goes. There are still loads of bugs, but not too many new ones. Even MCFSW X9 has been working out most of the time :sofa:

I agree. X9 is by far the best release to date. End on an era I guess. :crybaby:

• Like 1