Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows Explorer left pane shortcuts (Win7) missing

Thad

I think I screwed something up in Windows Explorer. In the left side pane, above the Favorites, I'm pretty sure there used to be some Mastercam shortcuts to various folders (like the attached pic). These folders show up when using File-Open in MC, but they are not there in Windows Explorer. Do you guys have these shortcuts in Windows Explorer or am I remembering it wrong?

post-2305-0-81029000-1473162462_thumb.png

• Like 5

Jeff, I don't recognize anything in that picture. Is that Win7?

Here's what happened. I had Windows Explorer open and then I had a smaller window of Outlook opened on top of it. I was cleaning up some junk emails. I don't like the redundancy of deleting something then having to empty the recycle bin, so I always Shift+Del, which deletes without sending to the recycle bin. I understand the risks of doing that. Anyway, my focus somehow got changed from Outlook to Windows Explorer and I Shift+Deleted what I thought was an email. This brought the Windows Explorer window to the forefront and I realized at that moment that I deleted something that I shouldn't have. I kind of think it was the Mastercam shortcuts that I showed in my screen shot above, but I'm not sure. Those shortcuts are there when I'm in MC and I File-Open, but they're not there when I open Windows Explorer.

Since I'm not totally sure if they're supposed to be there or not (since I don't really know what I deleted), I'm asking if anyone else can open Windows Explorer in Win7 and do they see those Mastercam shortcuts (shown in my image above)? If so, then I accidentally deleted them and I'd like to get them back. If not, then they've never been there and I'm just having a brain fart.

I appreciate you guys trying to help out but something is getting lost in the translation here. Let me try again.

Here is what I see in Windows Explorer:

explorer.png

***Favorites, Libraries, then Computer.***

Here's what I see when in MC when I click File-Open:

mc-1.png

***Mastercam shortcuts, Favorites, Libraries, then Computer.***

My question is should I see these Mastercam shortcuts in Windows Explorer too?

mc-2.png

Because right now, as you can see (first image), they're not there in Windows Explorer.....which makes me believe that if I deleted something accidentally, it must be those Mastercam shortcuts.

I appreciate you guys trying to help out but something is getting lost in the translation here. Let me try again.

Here is what I see in Windows Explorer:

explorer.png

***Favorites, Libraries, then Computer.***

Here's what I see when in MC when I click File-Open:

mc-1.png

***Mastercam shortcuts, Favorites, Libraries, then Computer.***

My question is should I see these Mastercam shortcuts in Windows Explorer too?

mc-2.png

Because right now, as you can see (first image), they're not there in Windows Explorer.....which makes me believe that if I deleted something accidentally, it must be those Mastercam shortcuts.

In WIN7 Pro, what you show does not exist for me

Not sure I remember the last time it did honestly......