Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screen Shot

Brian B 74

i believe you can add the "image capture" function to your quick access toolbar. this is part of your setup sheet function from MC.

click it and you have the option to name it, color or b & w, where to save it, edit, add dimensions, notes. it saves as a bmp

just open in paint and then save as a jpeg.

edit: above is for 2017, which you can also find in the machine tab, setup sheet.

just checked X9 and you can do the same as 2017, also you can go to screen tab and do a copy image to clipboard,

then open paint or whichever editor you want and paste the image and save as jpeg. this will copy exactly as your screen

is displayed, background color etc. the image capture will give you a white background.

Actually, in 2017, the Home tab, there is a copy image, let's you select what you want and copies it to your clipboard...the set up sheet option does not seem to do this....

Then you can paste it in.....

I like the other installed programs as editing and manipulating is superior......

I guess it all depends what you'r trying to accomplish

Actually, in 2017, the Home tab, there is a copy image, let's you select what you want and copies it to your clipboard...the set up sheet option does not seem to do this....

Then you can paste it in.....

I like the other installed programs as editing and manipulating is superior......

I guess it all depends what you'r trying to accomplish

There are lots of options and things that would work for you but I really recommend with Jparis mentioned above. That is an easy way to do what you are after but there are other methods too.

Another idea I have is you can install a print to pdf type application. There is a free one I have in mind called CUTE PDF Writer and how that works is after its installed you can do a file print in Mastercam and instead of it printing to a printer that CUTE PDF application lets you print to a PDF document instead.