Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 AXIS PART HELP PLEASE

bad-mod

Can any of you fine gent's please help me with a tool path that i could use to finish the walls of the please best i could do is a roll die but that still miss's bits. is there a milti axis function i could use with a ball nose ? i'm not really very educated with multi axis toolpaths.

I have a 3 axis vmc with machining 4 axis fanuc oi-m control

below is a link to the .mcam file  for some reason it wouldn't let me upload 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArNT5CoqyZA_zE2Bvcca4xyszY3b

• Like 3

multi-axis swarf or see this thread

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/77157-rotary-peel-mill/

yea I worked that out by myself :) about 45 mins before knockoff . where I was going wrong was in the un-rolling of the geometry . ended up roughing out the center in a lathe and using a dynamic contour to finish the cam profile.

Sim looks good and computer say's yes so wait and see if the result is correct :)

1] didn't realize i had to un-roll geometry 

2] made another solid with an more tool path friendly transition at the direction change of the cam, i then came back and used a 3D hybrid to tidy up the bit's I couldn't do int the wrapped dynamic contour.

cheers for the help guys

• 2 weeks later...