Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th Axis Limit of Rotation for Haas

Hello All,

It seems that I'm having a problem with my gen haas 4th axis post from 2017. I'm trying to limit the the 4th axis from winding to high and alarming the machine out. I looked up 4th axis limit here on the forum and tried them to no great out come. I went in the machine def and changed the number of degrees under travel limits and that it not work at all.

I down loaded the MPmaster and tried that also, the change:

one_rev     : 1     #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

That did nothing also

Any ideas of where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

ROb

• Like 1

None of the 4 Axis post processors make use of the Rotary Limits. You will need to purchase a post processor with this capability, or add the code for the limits yourself. This is a pretty involved task, so I'd leave it to the professionals, unless you are fairly knowledgeable in Post editing.

It's a case of "the tools are available to you, in the Mastercam Interface", but you have to "hook it up" to get the functionality to work.

When I've set up a 4X post like this in the past, I typically use a 5X post as a starting point, and suppress the secondary rotary.