Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut 8.0

RaiderX

ya I know this is a Mastercam forum but I know there are Vericut users within and respect this forums input.

Any one have good seat time with this latest version. pro's con's?

kinda in a pickle, I installed 8.0 on my machine for testing and now all our other installs (7.4) will not fire with the 8.0 server. Known issue BTW, I just did not know before making the move.

my choice is to install 7.4.2 on other work stations and run 8.0 tests on mine or just go for 8.0.

input would be appreciated.

Doug

• Like 6

I ran into a conflict with the license server. support was all over it and helped me roll back. just dont have the time at the moment to dial it in.

Vericut has been nothing but awesome for us to this point so probably variables on our part.

keep it coming, waiting for first update never hurts so that is the holding pattern we are in due to time constraints..

Your probably right, I'm sure the licencing issue will be hit or miss depending on peoples setup. I have to say, Vericut's support is second to none. Be nice if others would follow their lead.

As far as using 8.0 what I'm wondering is if people just want to wait for the first update to be safe or if there is a specific issue that 8.0 has.

• Like 1

I'll jump right in, but the licence server Vericut uses is oftentimes a nightmare to setup. I dread every time there is a new update because of that.

Yes, the older licensing I always found to be a hassle when moving to a new version. I much prefer the new License manager/server. It seems to be much better at being "backwards compatible".

The good news is that Vericut 8 no longer require a step license to convert a step model to ply format.

and limited optipath option opened up. have used this tool in the past and it is very worth while.

I see great things in their future

and limited optipath option opened up. have used this tool in the past and it is very worth while.

I see great things in their future

Yes, the addition of the air cut feature, together with the STEP module, makes it definitely worthwhile. I like the interface change for 8.0, I think it is an improvement over the previous interface.

One issue we are having with loading of the tool change sub programs when doing multiple setups. CGTech have already stated it will be fixed in next patch and supplied a work around for now. Although we are still using 7.4.2 for urgent and complex jobs just to be safe until I have finished testing 8.0

One issue we are having with loading of the tool change sub programs when doing multiple setups. CGTech have already stated it will be fixed in next patch and supplied a work around for now. Although we are still using 7.4.2 for urgent and complex jobs just to be safe until I have finished testing 8.0

What is the issue with your Toolchange subroutine?

Basically get an error where Vericut can't find the inbuilt tool change subroutines in the control files. Work around is to reselect the control files for each operation every time you open the file.

Ah, only affecting Vericut Single Platform I guess?

???? don't know wasn't mentioned whether it was unique to single platform.

I haven't heard of/encountered the problem, and I've dealt with a large number of machines, most of which use a sub for the toolchange.

Either way, they'll sort it :)

• 3 months later...