Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High feed toolpaths & high feed inserts

SlaveCam

As mastercam doesn't support high feed insert geometries (such as H600 wxcu we commonly use) the toolpaths always tend to leave a "bump" on the roughing surface that overloads the cutter on the next depth cut. The only solution is to reduce XY stepover but that results in longer machining time. Is there any better workaround?

I use the same insert in medium and fast feed. Run the medium feed 3.6in step over, 0.1in deep, fast feed I run 3.6in step over and 0.04in deep. I have all of mine defined as custom tools and then run thru verify to see what's left. I always set "gap" so that it will retract at every backfeed. I never have problems... care to share a file?