Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 Multiple sessions

TERRYH

Is it possible to have and use 2 sessions of X9 open at the same time on the same computer, because it gives you a warning when trying to open the second session. I have a rather complicated part in one of our 5-axis machines that was programmed by our other guy who is on vacation, but the part has a lot of back drafted and undercut areas were trying to machine and if the operator sees it wont clear the head on the machine he will stop it and move the head around manually to a point where it will clear, then come tell me hey we need to change this from C-135. to C-145. and Ill change it and reprocess and post it. but I also have stuff I am working on and I don't want to have to keep opening and closing these parts as that are rather large. If I could safely have 2 sessions open to where I could just minimize the one and work on the other it would be such a time saver. But the warning says it could be unstable and have data loss 

It's hit or miss...

many will tell you they run multiple sessions countless times with no issue....

There is always that small group of people that will have an issue.....

That's why the warning.....for the small percentage that do have a problem....

2017 supports multiple sessions now