Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas 4th rotation limits +150 / -150

We have a 4th trunnion with a vice on either side. It rotates 360 empty but with parts in vice +-150 is the limit so part won't hit table. We set different offset for either side. Can I set Mp to post with these limits? I have searched and found nothing just like this. I am learning the Mp language so don't want my homework done for me, just point me in the right direction. I also have Mp docs. Could the answer be in there?

Thank you,

Steve austin

Look at a 5 Axis post and use the logic from it. Might could change the post to only output 4 axis. I am not aware of any Generic 4 Axis post that have these limits in them only 5 Axis post. A 3rd party builder could do it for you, but you seemed determined to give it a try on your own. Best of luck in your efforts.

I looked at the Haas 4th post and did not see any rotational limits.  If I can find this logic in the Haas 5th post could I rename to 4th and use that?  I guess other modifications would need to be made... Or, is it not that simple?

This would only be used for indexing.    This is likely beyond my ability and knowledge at this point. 

Edit:  I just realized what I really need it to get Mcam to post in signed incremental.  Right now when the trunion goes from 90 to 270 it is going positive and rolls under.  I need Mcam to post in incremental from 90 to -180.   I feel like a dummy for asking the wrong question.  :no

• Like 1

I looked at the Haas 4th post and did not see any rotational limits.  If I can find this logic in the Haas 5th post could I rename to 4th and use that?  I guess other modifications would need to be made... Or, is it not that simple?

This would only be used for indexing.    This is likely beyond my ability and knowledge at this point. 

Edit:  I just realized what I really need it to get Mcam to post in signed incremental.  Right now when the trunion goes from 90 to 270 it is going positive and rolls under.  I need Mcam to post in incremental from 90 to -180.   I feel like a dummy for asking the wrong question.  :no

That is in the machine definition.

Jlw, Would you be willing to share said post or snippets of code needed to achieve this functionality? Thanks in advance, Metalmerker

Oh, I can see the post writer being thrilled with that....

Time to pony up if it's beyond your ability

• 10 months later...
On 10/22/2016 at 7:02 PM, lowcountrycamo said:

We have a 4th trunnion with a vice on either side. It rotates 360 empty but with parts in vice +-150 is the limit so part won't hit table. We set different offset for either side. Can I set Mp to post with these limits? I have searched and found nothing just like this. I am learning the Mp language so don't want my homework done for me, just point me in the right direction. I also have Mp docs. Could the answer be in there?

Steve, did you get this working?