Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Small Shrink Fit Holders

I need some 3, 4, and 5mm CAT40 shrink fit tool holders. I bought several from Haimer and they have tiny wire edmed slots through the bore. The sales guys says they aid in expansion. That's nice, but it's no bueno for coolant through drilling. He's a sport and is letting me trade them in for other sizes I need more of.

My Guhring guy was in yesterday and said he had them, but when I looked, they only have those sizes in BT40 and ISO40.

When I pointed this out to him he said the ISO40 "might" work. I've never even heard of ISO40.

We use several drills with shanks of those sizes and aren't particularly happy with our "sealed" collet holders. I don't use any endmills that size, so I don't need anything super slim or super beefy.

I need some 3, 4, and 5mm CAT40 shrink fit tool holders. I bought several from Haimer and they have tiny wire edmed slots through the bore. The sales guys says they aid in expansion. That's nice, but it's no bueno for coolant through drilling. He's a sport and is letting me trade them in for other sizes I need more of.

My Guhring guy was in yesterday and said he had them, but when I looked, they only have those sizes in BT40 and ISO40.

When I pointed this out to him he said the ISO40 "might" work. I've never even heard of ISO40.

We use several drills with shanks of those sizes and aren't particularly happy with our "sealed" collet holders. I don't use any endmills that size, so I don't need anything super slim or super beefy.

Rego Fix is my go to holder for holding small through coolant drills.

Its not cheap getting started but well worth it once you have enough inventory

• Like 1

Thank for the suggestions.

Techniks and Pioneer have a 3 and 4 but no 5. Nikken has 4 and 5 but no 3. I just hate having holders from multiple vendors, different holder libraries and such. Hate to use extensions cause dealing with the setup sheets will be a PITA.

I only use one drill with a 5mm shank. I guess I could ditch it for somebody else's that has a 6mm shank, but I really like it and use it a lot.

Thank for the suggestions.

Techniks and Pioneer have a 3 and 4 but no 5. Nikken has 4 and 5 but no 3. I just hate having holders from multiple vendors, different holder libraries and such. Hate to use extensions cause dealing with the setup sheets will be a PITA.

I only use one drill with a 5mm shank. I guess I could ditch it for somebody else's that has a 6mm shank, but I really like it and use it a lot.

You are wrong... Techniks has all sizes you mentioned. Check both links I posted.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting some shrink fit adapters in the smaller sizes.

If anybody is looking for shrink fit holders, talk to your OSG rep. They are discontinuing their toolholder line.

The holders they have been selling are Haimers with an OSG logo on them. :secret:

I put a big dent in their remaining inventory of CAT40, CAT50 and HSKE40. Scored 180 toolholders and extensions. Averaged out to about $100 each. If you've ever bought any from OSG or Haimer, you know that's practically free. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I ended up getting some shrink fit adapters in the smaller sizes.

If anybody is looking for shrink fit holders, talk to your OSG rep. They are discontinuing their toolholder line.

The holders they have been selling are Haimers with an OSG logo on them. :secret:

I put a big dent in their remaining inventory of CAT40, CAT50 and HSKE40. Scored 180 toolholders and extensions. Averaged out to about $100 each. If you've ever bought any from OSG or Haimer, you know that's practically free. :thumbsup:

Yup.... I bought like 50 holders as well a couple weeks ago from this discount list lol. Got to love it when the little guys can score when the big guys get into fights!

You must have been the one who stole my cat40 order! haha

Yup.... I bought like 50 holders as well a couple weeks ago from this discount list lol. Got to love it when the little guys can score when the big guys get into fights!

You must have been the one who stole my cat40 order! haha

Dammit, you're probably the reason I didn't get all of the ones I originally ordered. :fun:

Hey, if anybody needs any CAT50, 5/16" shrink fit holders, I know they still have a bunch of them left in various gage lengths. I didn't want to hog all the good stuff. :laughing:

About shrink fit adapters - I'm confused.  Wouldn't you still have the problems of ER since the adapter is going into an ER holder?

You talking about this?

regulartype.jpg

That's not an ER. It gets pulled into a special holder.