Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for updated MP Post editing documentation

I'm doing some post work this weekend and it appears my copy of the MP documentation pdf is out of date (is there a new one?). Was hoping someone could send me a copy or let me now where I can get a copy. I've already sent Mastercam an email for the new documentation but I'm guessing they won't get back to me until Monday and would like to get this project done before then.

Thanks!

Your reseller will have the newest Post Suite of materials..

It's not publicly available

OK, thanks. Although to get my first copy of the pdf I originally asked my reseller to get it for me and after two weeks of them "trying to find" what I was looking for I ended up contacting mastercam directly to get it. :) 

OK, thanks. Although to get my first copy of the pdf I originally asked my reseller to get it for me and after two weeks of them "trying to find" what I was looking for I ended up contacting mastercam directly to get it. :)

I am just going to say WOW!

When I was in the office and got a request like this, my customers had it within 20 minutes.....

Is it a common need to update the documentation?  I would think not too much would change from year to year.

Version to Version mostly what can change is Parameters.....some get dropped, because they are no longer used, others changed because perhaps they have created a new range and new ones can be created to access previously unavailable information.

The V9 guide is still to this day the most pertinent overall document but there is information that comes with each version that, depending on what you're trying to accomplish, may have info that is needed...

If someone has the X9 suite, I would imagine the 99.9% of what they need will be in there

Version to Version mostly what can change is Parameters.....some get dropped, because they are no longer used, others changed because perhaps they have created a new range and new ones can be created to access previously unavailable information.

The V9 guide is still to this day the most pertinent overall document but there is information that comes with each version that, depending on what you're trying to accomplish, may have info that is needed...

If someone has the X9 suite, I would imagine the 99.9% of what they need will be in there

I have the X6 version I think :(

When I was in the office and got a request like this, my customers had it within 20 minutes.....

John, you would be what I expect the definition of a reseller would be. Prompt and efficient.

It seems not all are equal though :)

Yeah... You are the exception, not the norm.

I got the run around for MONTHS trying to get this document. It's not as easy to procure as you think!

J

I got the run around for MONTHS trying to get this document. It's not as easy to procure as you think!

J

You should email '[email protected]', and explain your situation. Your Reseller should have this document and be able to provide it to you, without much trouble. All Resellers should have the ability to provide it to their customers.

• 4 months later...

It's been a month and I still haven't got a reply from my reseller, the last answer was "I'll check out if there's a new one available". I think it's understandable because the circles are small (small country) and a couple of people make their living modifying and supplying post processors, so a new guy who can do post stuff is a threat to their business. I however just want to do my job effectively and post editing is one of the must-have skills for programmers in my opinion.

I'm going to ask for the docs again and if there's no reply, then contact CNC directly.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

If you look in the "newer documentation", CNC Software had revised the documentation, where Volume 1 & Volume 3, have now be deprecated, and are now essentially written into the NCI Reference Guide, and other chapters of the PDF Portfolio. Volume 2 has been revised, to give some historical reference & legacy content, but the MP Language has been revised to make many of the older processes & functions obsolete. That said, any documentation can be a lot better than "no documentation", but I'm limited in what I can distribute. (Tom, message me...)

6 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

NCI stands for what exactly? Numerical Code Information or Numerical Control Interpreter are my two best guesses....I only ask here because it was the most relevant seeming, recent post when I was searching for the answer.

Numerical Control Intermediate.

Want to learn more about Post Processor Editing & Development? > Then check out my YouTube Channel, the link is in my signature. There are 42 Videos for Basic Post Processing (MP 101). Be sure to watch the "Office Hours" videos. This was live, open question & answer, for my students. So we delved into all kinds of Post Modifications during the course. Some related to the class material, and others related to just "how do I do this in my Post"?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
On 11/4/2016 at 2:54 AM, jaydenn said:

J

I urgently need the MP documentation PDF. My reseller is not helping. If anybody can send please email it to me at [email protected]

If there is any charge I am even willing to pay fee for it. Thanks.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, maluv888 said:

I urgently need the MP documentation PDF. My reseller is not helping. If anybody can send please email it to me at [email protected]

Well, if you urgently need it, login to mastercam.com  link your seat to your account and you can have it in hand in less than 10 minutes...

If you can't do that, no one should send it to you as you are not a legimate user...every legitimate user can log in and do this

• Like 2