Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for updated MP Post editing documentation

I have the MP Documentation up right now, and am very grateful for the wealth of knowledge you and many others give so generously...For years I talked about wanting to learn post process editing and for almost a year now I have known about your videos/course on YouTube. So now I am just trying to squeeze in any bit of learning in between jobs at work while we aren't swamped.

The only distraction's are other things I am currently learning by watching YT, like building machines for Simulaton (way easier than I first thought, thanks CamInstructor). And creating a USEFUL tool library for my company....

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I have the MP Documentation up right now, and am very grateful for the wealth of knowledge you and many others give so generously...For years I talked about wanting to learn post process editing and for almost a year now I have known about your videos/course on YouTube. So now I am just trying to squeeze in any bit of learning in between jobs at work while we aren't swamped.

The only distraction's are other things I am currently learning by watching YT, like building machines for Simulaton (way easier than I first thought, thanks CamInstructor). And creating a USEFUL tool library for my company....

That is great that you are investing the time into learning about such important topics. All of them > Posts, Simulation, and Tool Libraries, are so important for sharing and streamlining your work. Plus, they allow your programmers/operators to function as a true team, once you build the tools for them to use.

Keep in mind with Simulation > by default, there is no "direct link" between the Simulator and the NC Code Output. You are taking NCI Data, and feeding it to the Simulator, which may or may not really represent your machine's motion. There is an option to "hook up a Post Processor to a Machine Simulator", but you've got to pay a license fee to Moduleworks to do this. Therefore, you've got to go through a licensed Reseller, to make that happen. Once you invest in this however, you get a Simulator that is "driven by the Post Output". So the simulation much more closely mimics the "real world".

There is so much joy to be found in being able to setup complex operations and settings (input data) in Mastercam, and then pressing that "G1" button, and seeing perfectly formatted output that you control, being output to your NC File. Being able to quickly change settings in your Toolpath Parameters, or controlling various actions with Miscellaneous Integers and Real (Decimal) Numbers, gives you the freedom to work quickly, when you've got that confidence that your Post is setup properly.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, JParis said:

Well, if you urgently need it, login to mastercam.com  link your seat to your account and you can have it in hand in less than 10 minutes...

If you can't do that, no one should send it to you as you are not a legimate user...every legitimate user can log in and do this

Hi JParis ,

Yes , I am a legitimate user of Mastercam. My seat is also linked with my account . But I checked under Tech Exchange and also in Downloads for MP documentation PDF . It is not available. Can you please share a screenshot as to where exactly to look for it ?

o

9 hours ago, JParis said:

Well, if you urgently need it, login to mastercam.com  link your seat to your account and you can have it in hand in less than 10 minutes...

If you can't do that, no one should send it to you as you are not a legimate user...every legitimate user can log in and do this

ADF8833C-2AEB-44B3-83A2-D241C180F823.png

• 1 month later...