Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NetHook to help finding chains geometries

David Colin

Hi,
I just made a NetHook which can be helpful for others so i share it. It automatically sets levels visible from 2D chain based milling toolpaths operations selected. After you finished alter what you needed, you can restore your original level settings. You can select any operations in operation manager but it will only show 2D milling chainbased operations.Due to NetHook API limitations:- it can't be used to show 2D HSM toolpaths chains or 3D toolpaths chains (limits).- it will display chains from solids and 'point' chains(lead-in/out in 2D contour f.e.) in 'chains' listbox but it won't filter levels for theses chains

Here is a video showing its use:

ShowChainGeometry.zip

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: I updated netHook with 'auto-preview' that will automatically set levels needed by selected toolpath. It can be disabled as it can be useful to set levels from a specific chain.

I also added a button to call Mastercam chain manager for selected toolpath. It can be faster than close nethook/go back to operation manager.

post-2201-0-55203600-1480327842_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, David Colin said:

You're welcome! 

I still daily use it. Unfortunately it's limited to legacy chain based toolpaths... as nethook sdk is.

I guess a similar command should be natively built in Mastercam for any toolpaths. 

What did you mean natively built into Mastercam?  Did you mean written in native code as part of the c++ sdk, or available via the menus? I'm also interested that your nethook supports different versions of mastercam I had been wondering if that was the case.

I just meant this command should be internally developed by cncSoftware and built-in Mastercam:

- Ability to display all entities associated to selected toolpaths in one-click. Wherever entities have been drawn on and whatever level manager settings are 

I created this netHook with 2017 but it's still working with 2018/19/20. I didn't try it on X9 but it may work...    

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, David Colin said:

I just meant this command should be internally developed by cncSoftware and built-in Mastercam:

- Ability to display all entities associated to selected toolpaths in one-click. Wherever entities have been drawn on and whatever level manager settings are 

I created this netHook with 2017 but it's still working with 2018/19/20. I didn't try it on X9 but it may work...    

Okay I see what you are saying, and thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, David Colin said:

You're welcome! 

I still daily use it. Unfortunately it's limited to legacy chain based toolpaths... as nethook sdk is.

I guess a similar command should be natively built in Mastercam for any toolpaths. 

Do you know where I can download the C-Hook of which it allows us to color our own on each operation?

Like:

Operation 1, t1  ========> blue
operation 2, t2 =========> red
operation 3, t1 =========> blue

• 3 years later...
On 10/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, David Colin said:

Quoting in the hopes CNC Software will take a look. I mean... if GibbScam can do it, Mastercam should be able to do it 10 different ways. Just sayin'

• 4 weeks later...