Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NET-Hooks: C# and VB.NET project examples

Maybe it's just me, but the link at the top gives me error 404

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Hi Mick, 

do you think we could have a more in depth Tutorial about making tools with the ToolNetAPI?

Specifically creating "custom" tools from 3D models.

Thanks!

👍

3 hours ago, Thee Byte™ said:

Maybe it's just me, but the link at the top gives me error 404

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Hi Mick, 

do you think we could have a more in depth Tutorial about making tools with the ToolNetAPI?

Specifically creating "custom" tools from 3D models.

Thanks!

👍

Ah yea that link is no longer valid, I did report the post to update the link as I am unable to edit it. https://my.mastercam.com/Communities/3rd-Party-Developers/NET-Hook-Downloads is the correct link. Thanks for catching that.

I'll see what I can do with more tool examples.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ThomasF said:

Mick, could you please check if these files are still there?

I don't see anything there added after May, 2020.

Regards

Thomas

Thomas,

Make sure to select the drop down to filter out the examples list. FWIW many of the 2017-2020 examples will works just fine in 2021+ other than the ToolNetApi examples which have a couple namespace breaking changes.

image.thumb.png.4647803aa9ae595b3e5437a0b32d240b.png

• 2 years later...
54 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

I'm trying to learn how to use the 2017, that is a 2018 app, veiwsheets example, the overview says to install to the default Mastercam location, but it doesn't say where that is. Am I supposed to unzip the file into a specific folder, like the shared VB folder?

I see that the NET-Scripts appears to be a prefered add-on method, what folder should I locate these examples?

3 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

I see that the NET-Scripts appears to be a prefered add-on method, what folder should I locate these examples?

How do I get the NET Script add in?

NET-Scripts are replacement for VBScript. I believe NET-Script was first added to Mastercam 2022.

VBScript is deprecated and will be removed completely from Mastercam 2025.

NET-Scripts use the same API as NET-Hooks but can be created using the inbuilt script editor.

There are several short video introductions to NET-Script on the Mastercam forums.

1 hour ago, Mick George said:

NET-Scripts are replacement for VBScript. I believe NET-Script was first added to Mastercam 2022.

VBScript is deprecated and will be removed completely from Mastercam 2025.

NET-Scripts use the same API as NET-Hooks but can be created using the inbuilt script editor.

There are several short video introductions to NET-Script on the Mastercam forums.

Thank Mick. I've watched a few of the videos on the Mastercam site, but I haven't run across any that let me know what folders to put the scrips into. I'll probably be using both the VBScript, for older files (we don't uprev proven files here), and NET-Scripts for our 2022 & newer files.

13 minutes ago, Mick George said:

There is a NET-Script folder in Shared that you can use, there should be a few sample scripts in there also.

Hmm, there's a NET-Script folder in 2023 but not 2022. We are not moving to 2023 or 2024 due to issues that adversely effect our programming, mostly issues with viewsheets.

So, I guess we'll just try to figure out the VBScripts. I'm going to try putting the script in the shared VB folder & see if that works.

2 hours ago, Mick George said:

Ah yes 2022 was kind of a preview so you can go ahead and create the folder in Shared and use that. You should find some samples online, you can also take a look at the NET-Hook samples as they both use the same API.

The inbuilt script editor isn't in 2022 though, correct? Can it be added?