Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modify a post for lathe with turret and gang tooling (coolant)

One of the company I work for have a lathe with turret and gang tooling.

They would like to modify their post so if tool number is lower or equal to 10, coolant goes to turret and if tool number is greater or equal to 11 then coolant goes to gang plate.

They want to use some spare relay on the lathe to open or close solenoid valve,

The only video that I found that could explain what they want to do is this one.

On my Haas, code for relay is like M51 (on) M61 (off) but not sure about their lathe.

I'm pretty sure that they use a generic Haas Post

Thanks for any help, Jeff

Make a math statement if the tool is less than or = to 10 you get this type of coolant if the tool is greater than 10 then you get this type of coolant if you want the post to control it.

The easiest way would be just to hook up the coolant commands to what you want for a tool and just make sure you call the correct coolant code for the correct tool and done.