Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roger

Help with figuring angle, radius????

5 posts in this topic

I've sectioned off a piece of a part from a customer.  Can someone have a look at it, and tell me if the area in red is an angle surface, or a radius surface.  I think it's angled, and I got 14.9214 degrees.  I've attached a Solidworks 2013 file, and a Parasolid file.TEST.SLDPRTTEST.SLDPRT

I can't open solidworks files, but in MC X9 you can do: Analyze/Test Surfaces and Solids/Draft angle. This will check your entire model, but you can use: Analyze/Dynamic to find the radius or angle of any surface or solid

analyze dynamic and click a face/surface.  It it has any radius at all dynamic analyze will return a diameter value.  quick and easy.

If you are wondering if the faces are concave or Convex no. do they have a radii to them yes. they are a angled face.

That was exactly what I was asking!  Thank you all for your responses!  I learned a new analyze function that I had previously not used.  I was 99.9% sure that it was an angled surface from using Solidworks evaluate features like, (curvature, zebra strips, deviation analysis, etc.), But I wanted a second opinion.   :gathering: !!!