Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Arc Filter/Tolerances and Config Tolerances

IntegratedM

Hello guys, i'm using Mastercam on a daily basis and have some doubts on the subjects of the title, despite seeing videos on YouTube, i'm not able to understand it completely and how it affects my parts.

The people who works with me doesn't seem to use and they don't seem to want to learn about it. So i decided to come and ask on this forum, also i have just made my account and if this is being posted on the wrong section of it, i'm sorry. So to the question, can someone explain me the use of these functions, there many, so if anyone wants and has the time.

post-75503-0-82636900-1484076733_thumb.jpg

post-75503-0-49630900-1484076735_thumb.jpg

I use the Arc Filter tolerances to make the program smaller only, by setting up like the following image:

post-75503-0-66083000-1484076858_thumb.jpg

But i only do that because they told me to and it worked.

For the tolerances in the config menu i never changed a value there.

I would like to know what each function in Arc Filter/Tolerances does and how it affects my work piece.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

The best tip I can think of to give if you... because you indicated you have zero knowledge of filters... is to have you click on that "?" in the bottom-right corner of your prompt... then click on the "Field Definitions" tab to get some definitions for a basic understanding what each item means.

Remember... Mastercam has some pretty good help files right where your question is... you just need to click on the question mark!

HTH.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

i took a look around the "?" option in MasterCAM and realized a lot of things

That right there is what separates the two kinds of people. You have those who do and those who wait. You will always find help here but that statement will take you much farther!

• Like 1