Sign in to follow this  
So not a Guru

5 axis flow problem

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get this path to work? No matter whether I choose spiral, one way or zigzag, I can't get the tool won't cut all the way to the check surface.72E9052991M115.mcx-9

I'd use morph between 2 curves, use the margins to adjust start and end of path. also run the tool @ radius with a lead angle of about 10 - 15 degrees so your not driving at the center of the cutter

I'd use morph between 2 curves, use the margins to adjust start and end of path. also run the tool @ radius with a lead angle of about 10 - 15 degrees so your not driving at the center of the cutter

I'm at a complete loss on this. I can't find any "margins" in the morph between curves, and while I can give it a lead angle, I don't see an option for tip compensation besides "tip & "center". What am I missing?

Nevermind, I was trying to use 5 axis curve, not morph between curves. I'll see what I can do with this one. My signature is often all too accurate.

What I normally do it trim the drive surface the distance of the tool radius and you should be good to go. Don't use a check surface.

• Like 1

What I normally do it trim the drive surface the distance of the tool radius and you should be good to go. Don't use a check surface.

That did the trick. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. I guess I was just over thinking it. Thanks Ron