Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

another morph between 2 curves problem

shazam/TPP

mastercam 2017, just trying to finish a tapered boss on an od and figured morph between 2 curves would give me a smooth toolpath.

my two curves are in dark blue and the surfaces are tan. i am using 3 axes with all geometry in the top view. my toopaths do not stay between

the curve and am getting frustrated. any help would be appreciated. tia

TEST.mcam

• Like 1

Morph between 2 curves is a awesome toolpath, but also dumb to some extent. The chains are like suggestions to the toolpath to cut the toolpath with, but not limit. You can take 2 lines and use them and it will cut the surface you select for cut using them as suggestions to cut the toolpath with them. Trim the surface like John suggested or use the HST Finishing toolpaths as they will respect the boundary and not cut outside of the shape.

or use the HST Finishing toolpaths as they will respect the boundary and not cut outside of the shape.

Ron, i did try the HST toolpath and used spiral, waterline, scallop and contour. the toolpath was just too choppy and would've left a bad surface finish. thank you

though, i always heed your words!!