Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change "I" to "Q" for G73 cycle

Good Morning

I'm trying to edit our Haas post to use a Q instead of an I when posting out G73 drill cycles. It uses I,J,K values in G83, but when it posts out a G73 cycle it still uses the "I" address, with no J or K, and this alarms out the machine. Currently, this is where I am looking at the cycles:

if haas,        [        result = nwadrs(stri,peck1$)        result = nwadrs(strj,peck2$)        result = nwadrs(strk,peckclr$)        ]    pbld, n$, sgfeed, e$prdrlout        #R drill position      if absinc$ = zero, refht_a, !refht_i      else, refht_i, !refht_apdrlxy          #Drill XY coordinates      if force_dpts, pfxout, pfyout      else, pxout, pyoutpdrill$          #Canned Drill Cycle      pdrlcommonb      pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pdrlxy, pfzout, pcout, pindexdrl,        prdrlout, [if dwell$, *dwell$], *feed, strcantext, e$      pcom_moveappeck$           #Canned Peck Drill Cycle      pdrlcommonb      pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pdrlxy, pfzout, pcout, pindexdrl,        prdrlout, *peck1$, [if haas, *peck2$, *peckclr$], *feed, strcantext, e$      pcom_movea
pchpbrk$         #Canned Chip Break Cycle      pdrlcommonb      pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pdrlxy, pfzout, pcout, pindexdrl,        prdrlout, *peck1$, *feed, strcantext, e$      pcom_movea

I can see where it assigns the IJK addresses to the peck1$ and peck2$ variables at the top. My thought would be to have some logic where if it sees it's posting G73, to re-assign "Q" to peck1$ before, or possibly just re-assign the "Q" within the pchpbrk$ postblock. 

I'm still really green with all of this, having only been going through the MP Guide for a day or so. Any help is appreciated!

- Frank

• Like 1

-Update-

I was able to make it work by re-assigning the address for peck1$ within the pchpbrk$ postblock. Here is my fix:

pchpbrk$         #Canned Chip Break Cycle
      pdrlcommonb
      pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pdrlxy, pfzout, pcout, pindexdrl,
        prdrlout, result = nwadrs(strq,peck1$), *peck1$, *feed, strcantext, e$
      pcom_movea

If this is not proper form or if anyone has a better way to do this please let me know. Thanks. 

Yes it is good,

just don't forget to bring back the proper address for other canned cycles.  If I read properly, your G83 will need peck1$ to be assigned letter I.

Regards,

Correct. I only changed it within the chipbreak postblock. For G83 cycles I tested it and it still works, assigning IJK values to peck1$ and peck2$. 

Thanks, Martin!