Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.SET File

Edit: so, apparently I don't know how to attach files.  :help:  If someone will help me with that, I'll share the .set file.

I haven't been on in a long time. Moved to a new state, new company, all that jazz. Anyway, I just finished work on a handy little .SET style setup sheet. I was previously using the active setup sheets but they tended to be a little more than I need for most jobs. For the most part, this is a rough draft but it's a good start. I have Cimco setup so that it will print two columns with margins at 1in and line count at 80. Below is an example. The .SET contains a buffer to avoid the reposting of duplicate tools and it will output tool holder names only if you use them (if <> "Default Holder"). The only point of me sharing this is to give back to you guys because you guys taught me how. Any questions or suggestions are welcome. Even just writing this post has given me a few new ideas. Thanks.

BRENDELL MANUFACTURING MILL TOOL LIST               ------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  N 1      G81  SPOT DRILL .39 DIA HOLE
                                                        DEPTH = -0.190  TIME = 7 S
------------------customer info----------------------   ------------------------------------------------------       
Date    = JAN. 31 2017                                  N 2      G73  SPOT DRILL 1.000  DIA HOLE
Machine = MAZAK NEXUS_510C R 2                          DEPTH = -0.250  TIME = 3 S               
                                                        ------------------------------------------------------ 
                    Tool List                           N 3      G83  DRILL .39 DIA HOLE
                    ---------                           DEPTH = -2.167  TIME = 4M, 35 S 
------------------------------------------------------  N 4      G73  DRILL 1.002 DIA HOLE TO 63/64 DIA
T1  = CM9 .551 DIA NINE9 SPOT DRILL 90 DEG              DEPTH = -2.346  TIME = 2M, 26 S
DIA=0.551  SOL=3.937  LOC=0.551                         ------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------  N 5      Misc_1  BORE 1.002 +.002/-.000
T2  = 25/64 DRILL                                       DEPTH = -2.030  TIME = 1M, 26 S 
DIA=0.391  SOL=2.297  LOC=1.125                          
T3  = 63/64 DRILL                                       
DIA=0.984  SOL=3.000  LOC=2.000                           
T4  = 1.002 BORE TOOL                                  
DIA=1.003  SOL=5.551  LOC=0.500                     
======================================================

(4 TOOLS):(5 OPERATIONS)
Max_X = +15.808  Min_X = -14.558                      
Max_Y = -0.097  Min_Y = -0.603                        
Max_Z = +3.000  Min_Z = -2.346                        
Cycle Time = 9M, 8 S                                                            

AJ-Mill.zip

• Like 4