Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Radius Milling Issue on Doosan Puma 3100 LY Lathe

JeremyV

Okay so.... I'll try to keep this short, but no promises.

We are trying to machine a rectangle thru hole and c-bore.  I'm using a .250 rougher and finisher for the part and a .062 mill to machine the .06R corners.  The machine has a Y axis and the reason for .062 mill is 3 things: Limited clearance, not enough live tool holders, and the .062 mill is used for other features on the part.

With this being said, the first part was done in climb cut and it looked like the mill pulled into the material... I mean the walls are .04-.06 thick at most.

Then we  tried conventional milling and a better holder.  It came out better, but they don't like it.

I don't know if the answer is in the machine definition or not.... I don't know if the Puma can work with milling coordinates using I, J, K codes because currently it is set to Radius.

Help is coming extremely slow at a snails pace and its frustrating for me cause I can't figure this out.

I used c-axis mill for the milling tool path.

If anyone could help / offer suggestions / whatever, I'd appreciate it.

-JD

• 3 months later...

If you need help with this, I have a 2600Y that i've been cutting my teeth on. Have learned a lot the last few months.

As for finish, our machine leaves a less then desirable mill finish no matter what we do. I've only milled Aluminum and 17-4 SS and both looked bad. So either we are doing something horribly wrong, or that shows the quality of a Doosan.

Seeing a mcam file would help as well.