Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Blum Laser Tool Break Detection in post

peon

Please see attached pic.  I finally decided to add "Tool Breakage Detection" to the post, although the H value is posting incorrectly with multiple tools in the program.  I turned off tool staging in the control definition and it made no difference, therefore I turned the tool staging back on.  Perhaps someone can lead me in the right direction :)

post-9955-0-67532300-1487260128_thumb.jpg

You need to create a sav_tool logic and call it before you do the tlngno$ call on that line. Problem is because the last tool begin called is the next tools and you have not wrote logic to go back to the first tool called in the operation and saved it out for using it later you are getting the results you are getting. Go the mpmaster or another post that uses the sav_tool logic and use it to help you roadmap what you need.

I got it!!!  Thanks to Ron Branch along with  Bsmith and Ben Wood from the Mastercam forum leading me in the correct direction.  I added the following to my post:

Section =  # Common User-defined Variable Initializations (not switches!)sav_toollogic: 0     #Save tool height offset value for Blum Tool Break Detection

Section = # Toolchange / NC output Variable Formats

fmt  "H" 4  sav_toollogic #Saved tool height offset value for Blum Tool Break Detection

Section = psof$            #Start of file for non-zero tool number 
sav_toollogic = tlngno$  #Added for Blum Tool Break Detection

Section = ptlchg$          #Tool change 
sav_toollogic = tlngno$  #Added for Blum Tool Break Detection

Section = pretract        #End of tool path, toolchange
"G65P9608", sav_toollogic, "X0.M1.Q.01","(TOOL BREAK DETECTION)", e$ ### DETECTS TOOL BREAKAGE

• Like 1