Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Proper way to change shared mcam2017 folder

SlaveCam

Good day.

I have moved the shared 2017 folder to a network drive and now I need to use it on all our CAMputers. When I try to change the shared folder inside Mastercam settings, it wants to COPY the local files there. I don't definitely want it to do that. How do I just change the file folder without any copying? Trying to avoid any nasty surprises (even though backups are in place)

Thanks.

• Like 2

If you already installed, then you can go to

file ---> convert ---> Migration Wizard

you can change it from there too. :smoke:

Yes, that will move the files but will not update your config file which is necessary for the setup to work properly

config%20shared_zpshqly4loy.png

The easiest way would be to path to you desired network drive during install

for an existing set of user drives you can change it manually in System Config/Files

then change the data path for "Shared Data Folder"

Good idea...but Mastercam will not allow a non local drive to be specified during install; it just wont.....

Yes, that will move the files but will not update your config file which is necessary for the setup to work properly

config%20shared_zpshqly4loy.png

This is where the user will be prompted to copy all the local shared folder to the network.....

The setting is actually controlled in the registry:

The main setting that will affect all users that log in to the computer and launch Mastercam for the first time will have there shared folder in the config set to: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam 2017...shared folder

If the user has already launched Mastercam once then the configuration path needs to be changed as shown above.. It should also be changed in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam 2017

AND

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam 2017

Wish it were more straight forward but this is how it is....

• Like 1