Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inconel 625

jeff

Have a job coming up where I need to cut a bunch of diamond pins out of this crap.

I have virtually zero experience with Inconel, so any advice is appreciated. 

What to use, how fast, etc..

We have to turn them and then mill the diamond on them. From 5/8 dia stk I believe.

From what I gather, you have to go slow. That's alI know.

I machined Incoloy 925 and I use 115 sfpm for carbide and slow on the feed. 2.0 high feed we run around 20 ipm and 10 ipm for finishing. Turning same thing 115 sfpm, .012 roughing .008-.003 depending on finish required. Drilling 100-150 sfpm with indexable drill .003 feed.

I find I'm able to get away with heavier doc cause I'm feeding so slow, all dependent on the rigidity of the setup.

• Like 2

you could always get inspired by searching youtube. There are some vids of cutting with ceramic at crazy high speeds with flames shooting off the part. And yes it really does work.

I watch YouTube a lot for machining, and I tend to get into a YouTube spiral where I have 700 tabs open. Start out watching machining, and before you know it you're reading about the Spanish Inqiusition! lol

• Like 3

we cut a lot of 625 PH here

if i can give you a good advice , don't be cheap on tooling  ;)

Looking at some OSG UVX-Ni endmills right now. 3/8 dia/ .015cr  http://www.osgtool.com/Product-List-Detail/EXOPRO-UVX-Ni/2055/detail/20553751

Also looking into some Sandvik indexable tooling, or should I not waste my time with indexables?

Parts are relatively small, 10mm dia and only need to mill 4 flats about 1" in length.

How much does corner radius matter? I can go with either a .015" or a .030"