Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mcam 2017 on windows 8 vs windows 10

pip

We are just investing in 2 new computers.

Both maxed out with the best of everything. SSD. max mem, best graphics card. all the bells and whistles.

My co worker wants the puter downgraded to windows 8, I want windows 10.

Does mastercam work better with 10 or 8, or is the difference just not worth looking at.

I have found that 10 does seam a little bit quicker on toolpath calculations..  

One example of number crunching on 2 puters was, windows 10 = 15mins, vs windows 8 = 18mins..

These are large files that we are unable to share. Has anybody got any real life experience which system handles mastercam 2017 better..

Please stay on subject..

Thank you

I've running Win10 on my home work station with no issues at all

I'm running MC2017 and MC2018 PB2

I wouldn't use Win 8 in any form for a work machine.

I've never tried MC2017 on WIn8 but my one experience with X9 was awful

In my view it is a choice between Win7 and Win 10

I'd personally choose Win 10

I would never take a machine that's hardware was made for windows 7 and try to use it with windows 10. You will run into driver issues and it will not be fun. If you have a brand new machine that was designed with windows 10 in mind, you shouldn't have a problem.

The one thing I hate on Windows 10 is they tried to do as much as possible to hide any thing that is a normal control panel type of function. They are still there but you have to know the keystroke to be able to access them.