Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple stock bodies in Verify - MC2017 ?

markypete

Hello fellow users. This is my first post in the eMastercam forums.  Thanks in advance for any help.

(Mastercam 2017 Mill)

Is it possible to select multiple solid stock bodies for cut part simulation in "Verify?"

For example, a set of soft jaws. Usually I separated the fixed and movable jaws by a gap of .125". Technically, each jaw is a solid body.  I did read about saving the two jaws as STLs. I can also connect the two solids jaws by bridging them together with a solid piece in between. but I'd like to know if there's another way.

Another example is machining multiple pieces that are separated by space. If I plan to machine them simultaneously, how would I go about setting up my stock bodies for Verify?

Thanks again,

markypete

I do stuff like this using stl's and solids.....

FULLTOMBSTONE_zpss5a2ank3.jpg

I save off my single stock models and then array them, then place a copy of all my fixturing on a single level that I can choose in the stock setup

Welcome to the Forums Markypete and great question. Yes there are other ways to accomplish this task. my personal favorite method uses a Stock Model to accomplish this. If you create your stock using a solid, you can then pick as many solids as you would like using a stock model toolpath which can then be used for verify.

I created a quick video for your review here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b80a9u60ivxud3/multi-stock-sample.mp4?dl=0 showing a sample of this process.

• 3 years later...

I unfortunately don't have the video but cimquest had a video on youtube that shows this process below

So as long as you make new solids in solidworks, then you can launch the Stock Model toolpath, select all of the stock solids and then use that stock model for verification. It works pretty much the same in Mastercam for solidworks as it does in the full version for this application. 

Thank you , i did come across that video recently. My issue was that it would put the stock model out in space away from the actual parts and also rotate them by 90 degrees. I figured it out though. Under the stock definition in stock model , i unchecked the box "stock plane" and now the stock models are overlaid on my parts.

• Like 1