Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Current training courses for learning posts?

3 hours ago, Henk said:

That would be 8 nights from  2:00 - 4:00 AM here   :(   :sleeping:

Sorry Henk, I'd love to have you in class, but I can see that the timing doesn't work for anyone besides the U.S. users. I'll consider that the next time I look at putting a class together. If I hosted a class on a Saturday, at 11 AM, would that be a better option? One thing I try to be conscious of is the fact that most of our customers are located in California. But we do want to be able to reach everyone we possibly can.

Colin, I am really excited to see you offering this class....especially since I have a current need to edit my posts.

I have been in touch with my re-seller here in South Texas (MLC Cad)....but am getting the slow roll on acquiring the required training documents (They are acting like they have never heard of this document). I've let them know the timing of your class and the urgency, but that does not seem to motivate them what so ever.  Typical service from them....but that is a whole other discussion.  

Question, would you be able to recommend another re-seller that you know would be more responsive?  

We are a licensed user ( we have 4 seats of 4 axis mill, 1 seat 5 axis mill, 2 seats of lathe, and MTM, which I am not sure is a separate license) so we should not have any road blocks from that stand point.

Rob

5 minutes ago, PPRINT said:

Question, would you be able to recommend another re-seller that you know would be more responsive?  

Unless there is another reseller in that territory, and I don't believe there is, you're dancing with who brung ya...

You always have the option of going to CNC Software directly

Edited by Guest
56 minutes ago, PPRINT said:

Colin, I am really excited to see you offering this class....especially since I have a current need to edit my posts.

I have been in touch with my re-seller here in South Texas (MLC Cad)....but am getting the slow roll on acquiring the required training documents (They are acting like they have never heard of this document). I've let them know the timing of your class and the urgency, but that does not seem to motivate them what so ever.  Typical service from them....but that is a whole other discussion.  

We are a licensed user ( we have 4 seats of 4 axis mill, 1 seat 5 axis mill, 2 seats of lathe, and MTM, which I am not sure is a separate license) so we should not have any road blocks from that stand point.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Please send me a Private Message. There is no reason that you shouldn't be provided the documents as a legitimate customer. For situations like yours, we usually just ask you to provide one of your Hasp or NetHasp numbers. As long as I can prove you are legitimate, I have no issues with providing you a copy of the Post Processor Documentation.

Thanks and best regards,

Colin Gilchrist

Hi Everyone,

I think we've got 5 or 6 spots left. I think this will be the biggest class I've taught for Basic Post Processing, and since we'll have such a full class, I'm going to incorporate some additional "self-paced" lessons for the students, and will look to expand the "Office Hours" portion of the course to give some extra time for Q&A with the instructor (Me).

I'll be holding 2 different Office Hours sessions, 1 during the week (either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday), and 1 hour on Saturday. So you'll get 16 hours of instruction in Post Processing, and an additional 8 hours of Q&A in this course. (This will be the most Office Hours I've included in a class to date.)

If there are questions you have prior to the start of class, feel free to post them up in this thread, so that I can try to work the answer into the course, or let you know which section of class will cover the answer you are seeking.

Hope to see you in class!

-Colin

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, lowcountrycamo said:

Just signed up for the class.  So will I need a GotoMeeting account , or how does this work?  Also at what point do we provide our Hasp number? Our reseller is Cad/Cam Solutions.  They have been very helpful to us lately.  Can't wait!

Steve A

Hi Steve,

Glad you signed up. I'll be sending out an email later tonight with instructions on how the class will proceed. It will also contain a link to the class, that will be active once an Organizer (Me) joins the meeting. I start the meeting a minimum of 15-20 minutes ahead of class, to allow people to test their setup.

You will not need a Go to Meeting account. We use ours to host the meeting. All you'll need is the link we provide, and a set of speakers to listen. If you have a microphone, then you'll have the opportunity to ask live questions when we pause to take them. If you don't have a microphone, you can type questions into the "Chat" window, and we'll respond when we take a pause.

We really only require a Hasp number if we suspect a user is not legitimate. During our first week of class, I send out a "getting to know you" survey. This is where we request that you provide your Hasp. It asks who you are, who you work for, what you'd like to get out of the course, and what kind of burning questions do you hope this class will help you answer. It helps me tailor the class to the needs of the students taking my course. Most of the answers are also voluntary. Normally we do a 1 hour meeting per week, called "Office Hours" that is an "open Question and Answer session". Since we have so many people signed up for the class, we are going to offer 2 Office Hours per week. 

I'm looking forward to having you in class, and teaching you as much as I can in the we'll have together.

Thanks,

Colin Gilchrist

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lord Wukits said:

Mr. Gilchrist,

Would it be beneficial to have a forum whereas the students can talk about the classes, and perhaps help eachother out with "Homework" later?

I loved the first class, and cannot wait for the upcoming lessons.

Sure, I'd be fine with that. We don't currently have a separate forum for Eapprentice. I'd rather keep the discussions here on Emastercam, as I don't have the time or energy to host a separate website.

I'll start a new Thread, here in the Post Processor Development section of the Forum, and anyone in the course is welcome to participate in the discussion.

Thanks for the suggestion. Glad you are liking the course so far, we are just scratching the surface...

-Colin

• Like 1