Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Manual entry

• 8 months later...

That worked great, however, now it spits out my operation comments as code immediately after the tool comments.  Like below:

M5 M9
G91 G28 H0 Z0.
M1
(.75 INSERT MILL TOOL - 15 DIA. OFF. - 15 LEN. - 15 DIA. - .75)
OP2BAT-270D-
T15 M6
G0 G90 S2037 M3 E3 X-1.4556 Y-0.775
H15 Z2. T1

I can't seem to find where to fix it, but it started showing up after I did Colins fix for getting my manual entry to output at the end of file.

Yes so it looks like it is the comment call in the PSOF post block. Compare that with the ones which are coming out with parenthesis and see if you can spot a difference. It's also giving you a postline number there which might also help you.

You want to set up a break point which will stop the post before this line so you can single block through the problem area.

Normally at this point I will be figuring out which variables or other trackable items are likely to change and set up a watch list. The other clue is the line below the out put line underneath this window which will sometimes list all the postblocks involved with the line of code being output, but you will only see all the relevant info. in single block.

Also keep an eye on the NCI window as this can sometimes give you a clue as to what's happening, for instance has it moved from one NCI line to the next.

Debugging is really something that improves with practice as you get your "eye in" with all the info that's showing. I've been post editing for about a year now and I usually have to run the debugger with different watch lists several times before I narrow down the problem. The biggest headache is setting a break point too far ahead of the problem and then getting caught in a parameter read loop, which can take forever in single block. Move your break point in that case.

Read the Debugger info and tutorial in the MP documentation, there is a vid. too, to help improve your debugging skills.

Your 'pcomment2' Post Block is causing all the trouble. 

It is only setup to "properly" process "operation comments", in the "old" style.

You have "if gcode$ = 1007", followed by an 'else' statement. That is causing your comments to be output "as code". You don't want that.

Copy the 'pcomment2' section from a fresh MPMaster, and paste it into your 'pcomment2' post block...

• Like 2

Ah, the voice of experience. Nice one Colin.

Milehighxr I would encourage you to still run this through the debugger. Now that Colin has narrowed down the problem it will be easier to set your break point. Don't forget to use single block.

Watch the two output windows below the main window to see how the code is generated. And watch the NCI window for when it reads the Gcode lines.

You will learn a great deal about how to solve these problems in the future.

• 1 month later...

Are you sure you replaced the code inside the Post Block 'pcomment2'. (In other words, you removed the 'if/else' lines, that are indented, and replaced them with a bunch of 'if' statements)

We could play the guessing game all day, but it seems like you need more help than just a gentle nudge in the right direction.

Please save a copy of your PST file, with a '.mcpost' file extension, and email it to me: [email protected]

I'll have this fixed in 3 minutes.

• Like 3