Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FIDIA C10 ON 5 AXIS MILL HELP

bad-mod

Hey guys any of you got any experience on Fidia C10 Stuff ?.
We have a retro fitted Okuma 5 axis with a c10 and I'm just looking for a few guys with a bit of a knowledge base to help me out. I have got 90% of my day to day and regular driving sorted out and quite happy ..... but I do still have a few questions, and when I do get stuck it can be a real grind trying to find solutions as there is not a lot of practical solution's to be found online.

The main issue I'm having at the moment is with my  g20 g21 program rotation doesn't seem to be working correctly. the rotation of the plane shift shows up in the ROTANG {program rotation} dialog screen but when  the program runs the axis shift doesn't seem to be correct.

N230 G00 X0. Y0.
N240 G00 Z150.
N250 G00 B90. C0.
N260 G00 X147.08 Y6.406
N270 G21 RX90. RY0. RZ90. CX0. CY0. CZ0.
N280 M155
N290 G00 X6.406 Y8.137 S3400 M03 M08
N300 G00 Z147.08
N310 G00 Z127.08
N320 G01 Z119.586 F200
N330 G01 X15.341 Y11.903 F1220

N340 G01 X17.073 Y12.633
N350 G03 X18.866 Y13.839 I14.889 J17.816 K17.08
N360 G01 X19.714 Y14.385
N370 G01 X21.118 Y15.097

I'm not sure if the plane shift and following code @N270  are correct ? i would of thought the Y would stay the Y and X and Z would be switched?.

Could one of you more worldly gent's please take a look and help a brother out.

I have added a zip2go of the file the tool path in question is the 90 deg facing cycle towards the end of the part.

140401-100-01.ZIP

never had my hands on one....seen some at IMTS...

But aren't those controls way overkill for someone who programs in Mastercam and probably verifies with a program like Vericut?

I myself would not want to spend that much time standing in front of a machine tool control for all that cad stuff...

12 hours ago, bad-mod said:

Hey guys any of you got any experience on Fidia C10 Stuff ?.
We have a retro fitted Okuma 5 axis with a c10 and I'm just looking for a few guys with a bit of a knowledge base to help me out. I have got 90% of my day to day and regular driving sorted out and quite happy ..... but I do still have a few questions, and when I do get stuck it can be a real grind trying to find solutions as there is not a lot of practical solution's to be found online.

The main issue I'm having at the moment is with my  g20 g21 program rotation doesn't seem to be working correctly. the rotation of the plane shift shows up in the ROTANG {program rotation} dialog screen but when  the program runs the axis shift doesn't seem to be correct.

N230 G00 X0. Y0.
N240 G00 Z150.
N250 G00 B90. C0.
N260 G00 X147.08 Y6.406
N270 G21 RX90. RY0. RZ90. CX0. CY0. CZ0.
N280 M155
N290 G00 X6.406 Y8.137 S3400 M03 M08
N300 G00 Z147.08
N310 G00 Z127.08
N320 G01 Z119.586 F200
N330 G01 X15.341 Y11.903 F1220

N340 G01 X17.073 Y12.633
N350 G03 X18.866 Y13.839 I14.889 J17.816 K17.08
N360 G01 X19.714 Y14.385
N370 G01 X21.118 Y15.097

I'm not sure if the plane shift and following code @N270  are correct ? i would of thought the Y would stay the Y and X and Z would be switched?.

Could one of you more worldly gent's please take a look and help a brother out.

I have added a zip2go of the file the tool path in question is the 90 deg facing cycle towards the end of the part.

140401-100-01.ZIP

Rotation calls are unique to each machine builder. The rotation process is most cases is a mapping or rotation of the place where the machine was at for storage inside of the machine to where you need to go. How did the machine builder map the kinematics of the machine and what did they give the post builder to help them know how and where to map the axis? What were the test cuts and when you made your test part where this was all checked and corrected before you started running parts what did you find? Sorry bd practice to start running a machine without being 90% sure the code is going to run on the machine.

When you chance the values on the machine what results do you get? You think it is wrong then put in the correct values and see what happens. Test and adjust test and adjust and once you have figured out what the right combination is then you communicate that back to the post builder. We have a customer who spent over $25k on PP for a different CAM that still isn't correct. I tried looking online for some documentation and looks like the C20 or C40 would have been a better control. Looks like the C10 is similar to the Oi control. Entry level controller and hope it will meet your needs in the long run.

Trial and error are going to be your friend and without a good sample to use will be hard for the Post builder to make a good solution without some good feedback. I know who you are using and they are one of the best in the world IMHO. That said without good information they can only do so much. Your job will be figure it our and then they will get you what you need.

so I tried  plenty of different setups with the G21 and only got worse results, it appers only one axis is being rotated  and from what I read in the programming manual the code should be right. I'm wondering if it's a control setting or parameter may not correct, that's why I'm trying to find some Fidia guru's to pick there brain.

Fidia have been great for tech support but with the time zone and language difficulties i thought I would cast a wider net.

in relation to the kinematics will my machine def have a bearing on that ?

8 minutes ago, bad-mod said:

so I tried  plenty of different setups with the G21 and only got worse results, it appers only one axis is being rotated  and from what I read in the programming manual the code should be right. I'm wondering if it's a control setting or parameter may not correct, that's why I'm trying to find some Fidia guru's to pick there brain.

Fidia have been great for tech support but with the time zone and language difficulties i thought I would cast a wider net.

in relation to the kinematics will my machine def have a bearing on that ?

If it looks right then you will need to send back to Fidia and have them check it and tell you what needs to be changed. If you have gone through everything you can check and it looks right then it could be a parameter on the machine. We have a customer that we got all the codes right and everything that should make it work and it wouldn't. Come to find out the machine didn't have a need option installed and we were chasing our tails. Ended up having to teach the machine builder how to correctly implement the G68.2 along with the G53.1. Still need to go back and test it out, but funny they installed G68.2, but didn't install G53.1. You could not use the one without the other.  Again you have an Okuma with a Fidia control. Great controls from everything I know about them, but without being in front of the machine will be hard for anyone to be of much help.

yea i get that had a good win today, i think it may be post related  output a similar function and the plane shift line had the same specs as the sample I posted but the b and c moves where wrong B-15 {should of been B15} and C180 {should of been C0}.

but then on another example of the same procedure just on a different plane it appeared correct. in the first instance I corrected the B and C moves and it ran fine. {haven't proven the second and third instance yet} So i guess I'm going to keep building an information bank to give postabilaty a fighting chance of working out a viable edit. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bad-mod said:

yea i get that had a good win today, i think it may be post related  output a similar function and the plane shift line had the same specs as the sample I posted but the b and c moves where wrong B-15 {should of been B15} and C180 {should of been C0}.

but then on another example of the same procedure just on a different plane it appeared correct. in the first instance I corrected the B and C moves and it ran fine. {haven't proven the second and third instance yet} So i guess I'm going to keep building an information bank to give postabilaty a fighting chance of working out a viable edit. 

There you go sir. The post builder needs that kind of valuable information. What 5th Axis does when we work with Post builders. We have a combined experience of well over 100 years of Machining and Programming in the group. Still learning, still exploring, still doing and yes still plugging along. Knowledge is only one part of the equation sometimes it takes getting the mud to fight the good fight. Someone's got to do the grunt work and seeing how more and more are too good to get their hands dirty the more of us willing to pick up the slack the more there is for us to do. As my friend Tim Markoski would say. "If they don't like it they can pound sand"

• Like 1

Totaly agree feel like i have been trudging through mud for a few weeks now , Yesterday had a full 10 hours of productive time and good breakthroughs  feeling quite chuffed.

I'll keep you updated on how i get on  but I think we have (this issue at least ) licked :)

• Like 1