Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 rotary milling on 4th axis

gwaed

I am trying to teach myself more advanced mastercam programming and am having trouble with continuous 4th axis milling.

What I want to accomplish is continous milling of the contours. I have a random shape drawn up and have the tool path but I don't see anyway to step down my depths of cut. it always goes to the finished part size and that means taking huge impossible cuts.

I assume I am missing something because there must be a way to rough the shape in first.

Thanks for your help.

All else fails you make copies of the original and use different amounts of stock to leave. Think of each operation as a depth of cut. You need to cut 1" deep and want to take .1 a pass then the 1st operation you have it leave .900 on the floor. Then on the 2nd operation you have it leave .800 and so on and so on. Get out of the box sometimes and see the outside of the box and you can think of many ways to accomplish the task. Example file would be great, but keep posting questions and we will see if we can help guide you through the process of figuring it out.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1