Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screen shots

BrianP.

49 minutes ago, Frank Caudillo said:

Whatcha makin' there, J? Those fixtures looking oddly familiar, haha. 

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you ;)

Suffice to say it's not AR parts

BCW, I'm gonna give your layout a try.  I only have one monitor and I never thought about putting the Planes and Levels on the right side so they are always visible.

Thanks to all of you for posting screen shots.  Something so simple may vastly change the way I work.

Just curious BCW, what size monitor do you have?  I have a 26" and it looks like it may work.

Edited by LA CAMmer
Add content

Capture.PNG

I do have a second monitor I keep Cimco up on. I use hot keys to toggle my managers. Interesting ideas. Better shots of quick access bars? Kinda hard to see. I see you have none JP ( Oops on top ) . I kinda parked my attribute tool bar at the bottom where it always has been. I asigned alt+Q as planes manager and clear colors as alt+w. Seems to tie in nicely with the default alt+z for level manager.

11 minutes ago, BrianP. said:

I do have a second monitor I keep Cimco up on. I use hot keys to toggle my managers. Interesting ideas. Better shots of quick access bars? Kinda hard to see. I see you have none JP. I kinda parked my attribute tool bar at the bottom where it always has been.

Nope, I find extra toolbars get in the way more often than not, if I have to move something it breaks my rhythm....living so hard on my RMB it allows me to keep my screen clean of what I feel are obtrusive dialogs....

I have reached the point that I am so attuned to my menu that I can most times pick what I want with just a quick move of the wrist, for most things I don't even have to really even look for where it is located, the now natural motion just takes me there..

Edited by Guest

This is a great idea. After a post by JParis about using the right mouse button for almost everything I set that up and never looked back. I convinced one other guy in the shop to do it also and he loves it. So much faster. I've got the planes manager set up with alt+Q and that's about it.

Kevin K.

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

I am really surprised to see so many still using the Axis Lines still. I find them useless and in the way.

So why do some of you still use it?

Is it because you always have used and just cannot see using the Gnomon?

Nope I like them as I am a visual person and when you are putting 8000 lb Gorillas in 10 lbs cages you need to know where you expect something to be will be where you expect it. Also when you are making planes and use a WCS in Rocket or Air Craft Space it nice to know you are snapping the WCS point to the WCS origin in either space you wanted. Nice to see the Origin Gnomon icon when you hit the origin but hard to find in aircraft or rocket space if you don't know where it is. 

Interesting topic. I have been moving everything I can to my right click menu. It's a work in progress. 

As for ribbon bar modifications, I combined the Solids with Model Prep and added a Addons tab. I'm still trying to figure out a way to customize it to my liking but until they add the ability to make custom drop down menus I don't see my disdain for the ribbon interface letting up.

I run dual 35" ultra wide monitors so I am able to leave my operations manager docked and still have plenty of screen real-estate to work with. My second monitor is usually full as well, with anything from Verify, Machine SIM and drawings to my Spotify. Its basically my catch all.

58d44e56a2f5c_MainScreen-RightClickMenu-Mastercam.thumb.jpg.b544d16bdc9461361f437c4015372fa8.jpg58d44e88915de_LeftMonitor.thumb.jpg.5cb2c372ebbd53cbea2687a62a05f7ea.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Frank Caudillo said:

I hope it's not too off topic for this thread but, on the subject of the work space customization, has anyone had any issues with the Mastercam.workspace config file becoming corrupted and causing crashes on startup? It happened to me once a few months ago and just did it again yesterday afternoon. 

I've not, others have...always a good idea to keep a backup file....making a z2g is usally a good idea to capture everything as a "just in case"

16 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Nope I like them as I am a visual person and when you are putting 8000 lb Gorillas in 10 lbs cages you need to know where you expect something to be will be where you expect it. Also when you are making planes and use a WCS in Rocket or Air Craft Space it nice to know you are snapping the WCS point to the WCS origin in either space you wanted. Nice to see the Origin Gnomon icon when you hit the origin but hard to find in aircraft or rocket space if you don't know where it is. 

So Ron you like the Gnomon or you like Axis Lines for this reason? I like to have the gnomon to see all what you are talking about and can always tell were the Postive derections of the part are.
Also when this is active that you get the Cplane and Tplane views so like you stated visual of what is going on. Were the axis lines give you min but a origin only

This why I am asking and some of my thoughts.