Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Center hole interpolation on CNC Lathe

I know its at the end of the day, but I seem to have a lot of issues with Doosan and or the post itself.

With that being said, we have a Doosan Puma 3100 LY.... and I figured circle interpolation would work great for all the mill work we've had to do on aluminum.

So every hole we did except the center holes did machine a perfect circle.  The center hole and c-bore did not for some odd reason, i'm stumped.

What is happening here is: for C axis programming, before the final diameter, the spindle does a full 180 move: going from clockwise to CCW  then back to clockwise - its as if it doesn't want to do a full circle  on a hole from centerline.  Mastercam backplot and verify are perfect, posting is a different story. I even tried a pocket toolpath for roughing and the results were the same.... I also switched from C axis to Y axis and still got the same results.

I'm wondering if my issue is in the machine parameters somewhere and i'm also wondering if there are specific settings that need to be corrected in some way in order for posting to work correctly.

Hoping to get some feedback because I feel i'm a lil out of my league in trying to figure this issue and yea we want to fix it somehow.

-JD

On 3/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, Colin Gilchrist said:

Break your circle into quadrants and try again...

I've been doing this for milling on the OD... but I would have liked to completely avoid breaking up circles just to make it work.... unless it is the only way?

On 3/27/2017 at 11:44 AM, JeremyV said:

I've been doing this for milling on the OD... but I would have liked to completely avoid breaking up circles just to make it work.... unless it is the only way?

Yes, as far as I know, you must break the circle for it to work. You might be able to just break at 180 degrees, but you must break it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think i found the setting in the control definition to eliminate the need for manual breaking of circles:

Within the arcs setting, theres a checkbox to allow 360 degree arcs, and that along with break at quadrants doesn't work.... it's one or the other; I unchecked all options that contain "allow 360 degree arcs" and picked break at quadrants in the drop down list.

I posted a comparison between the 2 and the code seems to have posted correctly.  Will keep ya'll updated when we actually machine something.

-JD