Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

eww gross, dog leg rapids

jlw™

So we have a couple horizantals of the brand named haas.  Used mostly for roughing.

They have the dog leg rapids.  I hate, despise, detest, loathe and any other endearing term for that.

I have searched here as well as the interwebs.  Can any one tell me how to set the rapids to interpolated?

I found a few things saying that parameter 315 = 1 will do it... if that is correct, can some one tell me how to change parameters in a haas machine?

TIA

1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

On Haas machines, the only things you can change are on the Settings pages. You can't get to the parameters without special codes.

I can't stand this. Our 2014 VF5 was able to reverse the rotation of the rotary 4th with a simple setting change. Our 2016, on the other hand, needed a tech to come out and install special hardware and new parameters. Ugh. 

20 minutes ago, Frank Caudillo said:

I can't stand this. Our 2014 VF5 was able to reverse the rotation of the rotary 4th with a simple setting change. Our 2016, on the other hand, needed a tech to come out and install special hardware and new parameters. Ugh. 

What was the reason for you wanting to reverse the rotary direction? Do you have existing programs you didn't want to change? Just curious why you didn't just reverse the rotary output from the Post?

On Haas machines, the only things you can change are on the Settings pages. You can't get to the parameters without special codes.

You only need special codes to turn option parameters on, on the older controls. This being said, there are very few parameters that the end user should be chaining. One example would be the tool change position for safe tool changes. 

On the NGC, parameters that were practical for users to change, were switched over to settings. 

On 3/25/2017 at 3:12 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

What was the reason for you wanting to reverse the rotary direction? Do you have existing programs you didn't want to change? Just curious why you didn't just reverse the rotary output from the Post?

Apparently they rotate backwards from the factory? I was told that positive axis rotation was clockwise when viewed from the positive side of its rotation axis. In this case, A should rotate clockwise when viewed from X+. That was not the case when we got them so we reversed them. The 2014 was simple, when we got our 2016, not so much. We obviously couldn't reverse them on our own, so yes, I had to go into the MD and reverse the rotary direction to post out "backwards" for our 2016 until the tech came out. 

2 hours ago, Machineguy said:

Most all machines DOG LEG in Rapid mode. I have no idea How many you can change  without going to the builder.

Now on the Haas ( I have not done this, im just looking in the manual. ) You change this you are on your own !!

Parameter 315, Rapid ->HS FEED is set to 0.

I'm not sure about the new machines, but if you change this on older machines, it will mess up the way drill cycles work.