Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How are other users setting up tomb stone programs?

ahaslam

Fellas,

How are you setting up your tombstone programs? I want to see if anyone has alternatives to what I am doing. Currently, I have a template with the tombstone and vices loaded in as well as a few WCS already setup. I import a part model, position the part in the vise as I see fit, and program from that point. I break the tool paths down to operations as I'm usually only running a hand full of parts so it's not a big deal. A stock model is created for each op and I post each operation out on its own. I have a G10 setup for the post and get my numbers straight from Mastercam. It works okay but I wanted to see if others are miles ahead of me and what they are doing.

Thanks for reading into this

PS, the attached picture is an incomplete program so there are a few inconsistencies. 

okuma-setup.PNG