Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2017 slow on HP workstation and Catia translator not working

lowcountrycamo

One of our programmers is having great trouble with 2017.  He runs a HP workstation with a Xeon and quadro.  Verify is very slow, Mcam freezes.  2017 was reinstalled and now the Catia translator is not working.  Tomorrow I will get all the specs and comeback.  Anyone seen these problems.  He says this all started with upgrading from X9 to 2017.  He has called Mcam, our IT guy has had a try.  No help.  I work a different shift and now I am going to see what I can come up with.  I am somewhat computer literate.  I have built pc's from components and done many software installs and such.   As a benchmark I run several instances of Mcam and a Solid on a 4 year old Thinkpad mobile station with no problems.  I think he is having a software problem; maybe something other than Mcam but still vital to it.

Thanks,

Steve A

I would make sure any virus scanner was turned off during installation...

If that was the case, was a config migrated or copied in?  if so, delete, and start MCAM let it create a fresh one..

I've seen many issues over the years with config files....that's the easy start

Also, make sure the latest video driver is installed, not the driver that ships with the computer

Edited by Guest