Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sandvik Prime Turning

Gents as promised, file attached, there was very little noticeable wear on the insert after one part, I reckon, we would get three parts before changing.

NEWBEE, what is wrong with being a tight a***d jock ?, need to buy you a beer sometime to change your misconceptions, but you will need to renew youre passport before you can cross the border (ha ha) Yes I bit like a big guppie !!!

WRVI 255-193 MALE VR25112 OP1_Sandvik172 Prime_2017new_MILLTURN_emc.mcam

• Like 2
14 hours ago, gcode said:

I've looked through the lathe toolpaths in MC2018 BP4 and don't see anything new.

Maybe they are just doing this in the mill/turn module ?????

Nothing jumped out at me in 2018 MT

I am wondering, if like like Iscar, when the HEM milling first came out inMCAM, it would only activate the option if you used the Iscar HEM tooling library

1 hour ago, JParis said:

Nothing jumped out at me in 2018 MT

I am wondering, if like like Iscar, when the HEM milling first came out inMCAM, it would only activate the option if you used the Iscar HEM tooling library

here is the reply from Aaron eberhard

COMPRESSOR SAM (4/6/2017)yes you`re memory is correct !

on another note, is the Sandvik prime turning going to be added at the official release ?

We're hoping to get it out before the RTM.  We've wanted it out with the betas, but there's been a bunch of logistical issues that have kept it pushed back.  Hopefully with PC1 or 2 you'll be able to take it for a spin.

6 minutes ago, compressor sam said:

We're hoping to get it out before the RTM.  We've wanted it out with the betas, but there's been a bunch of logistical issues that have kept it pushed back.  Hopefully with PC1 or 2 you'll be able to take it for a spin.

I asked about this on the Mastercam forum, but I guess this answers the question

NEWBEE, what is wrong with being a tight a***d jock ?, need to buy you a beer sometime to change your misconceptions, but you will need to renew youre passport before you can cross the border (ha ha) Yes I bit like a big guppie !!!

Dave - if you're ever down south or if I'm ever oop norf, we'll definitely catch up for a beer :cheers:

• Like 1

newbee i look forward to it !  

i do like "newbees best ever day" well done, it is good to get a dream realised

Now you've done it Dave. Through that link you've indirectly mentioned a *special* club that shouldn't be mentioned.

Storm clouds will be gathering - haters are lining up to hate...

:laughing:

• Like 2

They said they are still working on the bugs and fine tuning the software before release. So while it won't be included with the initial public release of 2018, it will be added on later as part of a (free) update. It will be part of regular ol' lathe, not exclusive to Mill/Turn. That's what I've gathered from the other site, anywhoo.

EDIT: Well, somehow I missed this entire last page and the fact that the question has been answered. So I'll just leave a joke about newbeeee:

Where can you find 66,100,100 French jokes?

In France!

55 minutes ago, The Cathedral said:

They said they are still working on the bugs and fine tuning the software before release. So while it won't be included with the initial public release of 2018, it will be added on later as part of a (free) update. It will be part of regular ol' lathe, not exclusive to Mill/Turn. That's what I've gathered from the other site, anywhoo.

EDIT: Well, somehow I missed this entire last page and the fact that the question has been answered. So I'll just leave a joke about newbeeee:

Where can you find 66,100,100 French jokes?

In France!

That's it - low ball me why don't you :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that the bugs are being worked into the software :laughing:

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, gms1 said:

I take this to mean its gonna be a cost add-on.

Prime Turning will be part of a standard lathe license

This is the reply I received on the official  Mastercam forum when I asked about Prime Turning

Currently the Prime Turning toolpaths are not in Mastercam 2018.  They are currently in beta testing and review but will be released FOR Mastercam 2018.  The Prime Turning functionality will be delivered in 2018 as a separate download/install upon release and part of your standard lathe license.  The install will include everything you need to run including tool libraries.

Prime Turning on Mastercam.com

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread :)

I just ran a test of Sandvik Prime turning. 300m/min, 1mm/rev feedrate, 4mm (on diameter) depth of cut, and 3mpa chuck pressure. Turning away from the chuck, without a tailstock support, and not using gripper jaws. Machine is an Okuma U3000-1500 2SW

Worked really well, and I will be doing some more testing in the new year. The chips came off perfect. The dwells and slow lead in were because I was videoing, and single blocking.

I'll run a better sample in January. Summer holidays kick in about 1 hour (woohoo :) )

And it wasn't using Mastercam.

79849530_2440227282773210_8806017772506054656_n.jpg

On 12/19/2019 at 4:56 PM, Mick said:

Reviving an old thread :)

I just ran a test of Sandvik Prime turning. 300m/min, 1mm/rev feedrate, 4mm (on diameter) depth of cut, and 3mpa chuck pressure. Turning away from the chuck, without a tailstock support, and not using gripper jaws. Machine is an Okuma U3000-1500 2SW

Worked really well, and I will be doing some more testing in the new year. The chips came off perfect. The dwells and slow lead in were because I was videoing, and single blocking.

I'll run a better sample in January. Summer holidays kick in about 1 hour (woohoo :) )

And it wasn't using Mastercam.

79849530_2440227282773210_8806017772506054656_n.jpg

The demos look great, the geometry at the tip of the tools looks wnmg inspired but it has more rake and reverse cutting is the way to go..too bad I am not a "lathe guy" anymore.