Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sandvik Prime Turning

5 minutes ago, jeff said:

I didn't know they had that service as a stand alone to offer. Seeing how it is cloud based have to think that is not working with Mastercam and anyone using it is not doing ITAR work either.

I didn't realize it was cloud based, I assumed you could just download it onto your computer and enter a license code kinda like you do with Mastercam.

But then again it says cloud based right where I was looking. hah!

CoroPlus® ToolPath software is a subscription-based software, hosted on a secure Sandvik Coromant cloud environment. The subscription period is 12 months. The license is user-specific and can be used on two working stations.

17 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

What's the sweat Ron - it says in black and white that the software is "hosted on a secure Coromant cloud environment".

Perhaps Sandik need to offer their services to the IRS and the banks because their one is secure... :rolleyes:

Yes sure thing. Just like Fusion and other Cloud based CAD are as well. I guess if you only worked with wireframe and didn't share Solid Models you could get "away" with it. Not something I really want to even explore. 

• Like 1
On 12/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, gcode said:

Does Top Solid have a Prime module now, or did you old school it??

It isn't a Prime Module, it is just a function within the rough turning. Basically controlling the entry.

The finishing is multi directional. I did have a play around with the Mastercam prime module a while back, to see what all the fuss was about.

As for the Sandvik Product (The Prime Code Generator), I've been looking at getting a license to test it. I work closely with the local Sandvik representative (they gave me the tool for this test).

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, peter~ said:

Is that something that sanvik sells, or mc?

Sandvik sells a standalone version, 

It was introduced in Mastercam X9 as a chook, but now it's a regular toolpath in Mastercam lathe

It is very useful for the right jobs.

A couple of months ago, I tried it on an Inconel 718 roughing project.

We reduced the roughing time from 16 hours and $1K worth of inserts to 4 hours and $200 worth of inserts

1 minute ago, gcode said:

We reduced the roughing time from 16 hours and $1K worth of inserts to 4 hours and $200 worth of inserts

Thats incredible usually when I see new fads or concepts I am rolling my eyes thinking thats a lot of hype, but when I looked at this one it really made sense.

The issue that limits it's usefulness of this toolpath  is the fact that you are feeding away from the chuck

and you are really feeding hard.

If you are not careful, you can pull the part out of the chuck.

In the case mentioned above I used the tailstock to make sure the part did not move

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gcode said:

The issue that limits it's usefulness of this toolpath  is the fact that you are feeding away from the chuck

and you are really feeding hard.

If you are not careful, you can pull the part out of the chuck.

In the case mentioned above I used the tailstock to make sure the part did not move

Yes, that is a factor to take into consideration, I actually would frequently feed away from the chuck using wnmg to prevent toolwear when cutting welded stainless steel or other material, it drastically increased tool like and sped up the process. The "rake motion distributes heat and wear much better. I have been saying this for so many years so I am quite happy to see this new process.