Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inside machine cameras

I have an amcrest system at our house ?  seams to be holding up to out door weather so far but no idea of a machine environment... amazon for $250 would watch inside and out of 4 machines (8 channels 8 cameras) it came with 4 cameras.

GoPro here for the most part. I like that I can position the camera where needed to get a good shot of the cutting action.  Another couple applications I have fixed Uniden outdoor cameras. The down side is I have 4 cameras in the machine & at a distance from the cut. So the GoPro gets a better close up video & the fixed cameras don't. But the fixed cameras don't get caught up in the action either...the gopro did - but only once.

Basic outdoor security cameras work great but GoPro has a much higher resolution. The Security camera setup is much cheaper and typically hardwired. You could set them up to a network for remote viewing. We use both for demos, I prefer the GoPro, but only because of the resolution and its wireless. Although being wireless does require the battery to be charged every so often. Then again we only use them for demos, not daily operation. At our partner Clackamas Community College we have had the security cameras setup to their network so the instructor/students could monitor the machine from the classroom. We also had the control setup on a virtual desktop so they could see the control display as well.