Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contour/Pocket D.O.C

MichaelH

Hi all,

Could someone please point me in the direction of where Mastercam 2017 stores the depth of cut data for contours and pockets. I need to extract this data for my Active reports. Looking in the xml file, although the tags seem to be there, they are not being populated.

Any advice welcome.

I believe you are looking to pull the depth from an operation into an active report using the active report designer.  The information above is the parameter number that you would input in a post to pull that value.  I think the "tag" you are looking for can be found under the following structure.

Fields --> SETUPSHEET --> NCFILE --> OPERATION --> then select DEPTH.  I believe our active report setup sheet which you can download from this site may have the field setup in it (its been a while since I've looked at it).  You may be able to trace it back to its source tag if this isn't the one you are looking for.

setup_sheet1.png

setup_sheet2.png

Little off topic maybe, but Nice and clean setup sheet, good work! I hope some samples like this sheet was coming with mastercam one day, it would cover my need at least for the start. I am using x+ for now but would use active reports if it was like your setup.  Hope you figure out the d.o.c also for your sheet.

I am not asking for the setup sheet, I just liked the design of it, and hope to develop something like it myself when i have moved to 2018 version I hope soon is out, looking forward to finally merge from x9 to the new design of Mastercam.