Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

UMC 750

Hi guys I'm researching the HAAS UMC 750 all info I can find is good. You guys that have one how are they really? Are they accurate? Price in OZ is around $250k which is ggod compared to DMG, Mazak ect which are another $100K

The Doosan V630 is around $335K

Id like to know what you guys who have used them what you don't like or what you have found negative about them.

90% will be Aluminium work. Never used a HAAS before hows the controller to adapt to?

Cheers Dave

Can't vouch for the UMC 750, but my company got a loaded VF-3SS about a year and a half ago and it has pleasantly surprised me.  I'd always heard Haas machines were krap, but I'm successfully using it to make titanium bone plates and 17-4 H900 medical jigs and tools.  Holds tenths pretty easily.  Using the trunion in 3+2, and using dynamic paths where possible.  The control is very convenient and user friendly with conversational probing and stuff, and they've put out a new version of control since we got it with even more conveniences.

10 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Can't vouch for the UMC 750, but my company got a loaded VF-3SS about a year and a half ago and it has pleasantly surprised me.  I'd always heard Haas machines were krap, but I'm successfully using it to make titanium bone plates and 17-4 H900 medical jigs and tools.  Holds tenths pretty easily.  Using the trunion in 3+2, and using dynamic paths where possible.  The control is very convenient and user friendly with conversational probing and stuff, and they've put out a new version of control since we got it with even more conveniences.

Do the new 3 axis mills come with the 5 axis DFO stuff like the UMC when equipped with the stand alone dual rotary?

I'm not a HAAS fan either only because of the negative comments on here about HAAS but for a 5-axis the UMC 750 looks like good bang for buck. I never thought I'd even look at a HAAS.

I know you get what you pay for but with the HAAS near $100k less than its competitors its hard not to look at it.

Cheers

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:26 AM, Greg Williams said:

Choose a nice little demo part and get both HAAS, Doosan, Mori etc to run some tests then check the the part dimensions.

Years ago I remember a trial part doing the rounds for I think Airbus (it may have been BAE - 20 years ago now). 24" ish ally part - 3ax all about metal removal.

Hitachi, Matsuura, Makino, and I think Mazak all had the part to prog and make and the cycles times were fastest in the same order.

My mate @ Matsuura couldn't believe how a 12k spindle Hitachi boat anchor could get anywhere near a 20k Mats let alone beat it.

Then they asked Airbus if they had measured the part to which the reply was 'err I think so, we must have, I'm sure we did'.

Needless to say Hitachi slipped to #4...

• Like 1

Don't make me post pictures from the "MAM Killer". It looks like :censored: ! Don't worry, I have what the 35V did too (it looks like jewelry). Same program, same tooling, etc... onlynthe machine and the pullstuds were different.

MX-330 can do some pretty amazing things. The MX-330 project that was up on the Matsuura Facebook page recently was something Selway and 5th Axis CGI worked on together. We took a 36lb piece of Ti and turned it into 1-1/2lbs finished and everything in less than 7 hours. 5th Axis CGI helped the same customer on a different project and we are taking 24 lbs of Ti and making parts about 1lb between a 3 Axis and 5 axis in about 3 hours. We choose the 3 and 5 Axis process to keep it within the customer's workable hours since they don't have a pallet pool.

4 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

MX-330 can do some pretty amazing things. The MX-330 project that was up on the Matsuura Facebook page recently was something Selway and 5th Axis CGI worked on together. We took a 36lb piece of Ti and turned it into 1-1/2lbs finished and everything in less than 7 hours. 5th Axis CGI helped the same customer on a different project and we are taking 24 lbs of Ti and making parts about 1lb between a 3 Axis and 5 axis in about 3 hours. We choose the 3 and 5 Axis process to keep it within the customer's workable hours since they don't have a pallet pool.

:yes:

2 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

The MX-330 one I am aware of is only 10 pallets.

From the Factory, yes, you are correct. There is a 40+ Pallet Option available though, or more depending on how much cube you need.

The MX-520 is the next size up from the MX-330, and the MX-850 is the next size up from the MX-520. The Robot Cell can work with any of them.