Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

keyboard preferences

jlw™

I like a mechanical keyboard with a very positive click and a minimum stroke.

Has any one tried this one:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/strafe-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red

believe it or not one of my favorites was a Dell keyboard but that was a decade ago.  I don't think it was mechanical but man it gave a good click on key press.  I currently have another steel series but for $100 it just doesn't suit me and all of the programmable keys get in the way.

Any way looking for some one who has used the Corsair Straffe at that link.  It looks kinda minimalist but with back light.

We have one very close to  the one you are listing, its a corsair also. I personally can not stand the height of those keys. I know it sounds weird but they are very high at the space bar. I just measured it, the keys are about .590 high. The one I run and like is the Perixx Px-1100. these keys are .29 high. This keyboard has yet to fail me. They do have a softer key press than what you are probably looking for. But works well.

https://www.amazon.com/Perixx-PX-1100-Backlit-Keyboard-Illuminated/dp/B00AQMUE30

1 hour ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Just got my son for his birthday the K95 keyboard. after playing with it my self I am most likely going to get one. I like the keys.

Yeah, that Corsair is on my list too.  I've got a 40% off coupon too.  I've liked everything Corsair that I ever tried.

I have the Corsair K70 at home.  I love it.  Smooth action.  Really sensitive keys.  Almost too sensitive at times.  I constantly accidentally press keys just by resting my fingers on whatever keys I just pressed.  Very satisfying clicking though. 

Then I come to work and use the generic dell one I've got and it feels really weird.

I don't think there's much difference between the K70 and the Strafe outside of backlighting.