Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Check Holder C-Hook

Hello everyone,
   I'm trying to find out how to create C-Hook of which similar to CHECKHOLDER.DLL of which it can check all the holders with different Z-DEPTH at the LINKING PARAMETER.  

One of the reason I do that because I often re-write programs of previous owner and honestly he instructed the tool crib sticks out the wrong length like the longest Z-Depth is Z-5.000 and in his OVER ALL LENGTH of tool define is only 3.000. 

Therefore, I would like to make or look for a C-Hook file of which double check all of his toolpaths that checks the Z-Depth and the OVER ALL LENGTH in tool definition.  So my question is where do I start with, what software should I write C-Hook and what kind of PDF Ebook I need to read about how to write C-Hook file?

Thank you for your help.

Overall length is not the same thing as "Stickout". If you are using it that way, I'm sorry, but you are doing it wrong.

I know the answer typically is "well that is the way it is done at my company", but I'd recommend you get everyone onboard, and explain to them why that field is supposed to be the actual "tool length", before you stick it in a holder.

Plus, if you are only checking the "Linking Parameters", that basically requires that you are forcing the users to use "Absolute" for programming. This is a bad idea, because "Incremental" uses the actual "Geometry" depths. This allows much more flexibility in programming. Forcing a programmer to use Absolute depths limits you unnecessarily.

What you really want/need is just good "G-code Simulation". Both Vericut and NC Simul have excellent solutions for verifying cutters and holders against stock.

You're really just trying to make it hard on yourself. If you really want to pursue this, then good luck.