Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Axis Control Lines dump selection

Lord Wukits

I use tons of tool axis control lines to help me surface, and trim molds. I keep having issues whereas the company has a new design that is similar to an existing part. As such I copy the tool path into the new part machine group[using same fixture] . The issue arises when I need to select new Tool Axis Control Lines.... and as soon as I click on the selection button.... Crash to desktop. Originally I thought it was due to me deleting the Tool Axis Control line sketch prior to me deselecting them from the tool path. Though with the parts as stated above, I made a new sketch with a few minor changes.
Is there a way for me to dump tool axis control selections? Would deleting the toolpath geometry work?  

I'm using Solidworks 2017 with Mastercam for Solidworks 2017. 

I just copied a toolpath[curve 5 axis] from one machine group to  a new machine group. 

Are you importing the tool path?

Copying 5 axis toolpaths "can" be issue

Importing the tool path from  the same file I had open worked. Looks like copying a 5 axis toolpath is buggy.