Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam step import

Rocketmachinist

This is what I am getting.

The cutter body and inserts.

double%20octomill_zpsadxonibm.png

Imported it looks like this

not%20filled%20cutter%20body_zpsikr3r9ag

See how the inside cavity of where the arbor is suppose to be is showing and not the holder itself.

When i try to fill the cavity

filled%20cutter%20body_zpsmkn4fz7k.png

It becomes way off. I might need to take this one to the CNC software forum.

Hi!

I tried  import of your step file in 2017 update 3 and 2018 pb4 beta, worked fine.

The tool came up fine, and the measures are correct 

I am using metric mode in MC.

Tools have to be rotated as the video instructs to the right plane, learned that from trial and error... (before the video was out actually)

Sometimes i have had trouble with the .sldprt files and had need for register the .dll again, not sure if that is the same with .stp files

Have you also tried to rename the file, it has a long name and maybe windows related...

DXF file of the file, and save to stp. will that help you, as asked in last post from taperlength ?

-Have fun and remember to smile!

Regards from Norway, Geir

JParis.

That is so weird its working perfectly and yet the model isn't positioned like the video says it needs to be. The origin is on the top of the part and the video shows it needs to be on the bottom of the part. If I hadn't had followed the instructions I would have figured it out already.

Sweet thanks