Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

key mapping toolpath manager functions

Programinator

I don't know what kind of keyboard you have but you may find a gaming keyboard with macro keys handy.  I have many set on mine.  Look up Steel Series keyboards.  I also use a gaming mouse with 4 extra buttons that I have programmed for fit, zoom, shading and alt+e.

However, I am about to try a different keyboard but I will only get one that has at least 6 to 8 programmable keys.

I do not know how to do it in mcam 2017.

1 minute ago, jlw™ said:

ook up Steel Series keyboards

I've got that on my laptop & it pi$$es me off every day. CTRL+Home & CTRL+End do not take you to the top & bottom of a document! Frustrating when trying to edit posts.

It came with the laptop, so it's not like I can return it. I contacted "support" and he said download the latest drivers, but couldn't tell me any way to assign the standard function of this ubiquitous key combination. Pfffft

Yes, mine looks a little different than yours, because it's a MSI laptop keyboard. I'm a t work now, but I'll send a screenshot later. The Home & PgUp, and the End & PgDn keys are split keys (like your PrtScn & SysRq keys).

I can't figure out how to assign the action "go to the top of a document" to a key combination and the documentation is not too specific on key mapping. I'm not a gamer, I just want the standard US keyboard functionality. You would think that might be a choice you could select, but...not so much :pc:

Is there any way to assign a key stroke to the regenerate selected ops function in toolpath manager?

This is from another thread that I found.  But it doesn't seem to work for mcam 2017

Here is what I did in X6.

First, I unmapped the F5 key, which by default is delete entity.(I don't think anyone uses this anyway)
I made a backup of my mastercam.kmp file located at mymcam/config/
Then I added these lines to the end of the .kmp file.

KEYMAP Mastercam OMregenSelectedOperations "F5"
KEYMAP Mastercam OMregenDirtyOperations "F6"
KEYMAP Mastercam OMbackplotSelectedOperations "F7"
KEYMAP Mastercam OMverifySelectedOperations "F8"
KEYMAP END

save the file.

F5=regen selected
F6=regen dirty operations
F7=backplot
F8=verify