Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dynamic, i guess i still haven't figured it out

jlw™

1 minute ago, FROZEN said:

What ever happened to using a c-bore tool?

In my case, most hole combinations are outside the standard c'bore tool sizes....

2 minutes ago, JParis said:

In my case, most hole combinations are outside the standard c'bore tool sizes....

Yeah it feels like you hit the lottery when you can actually use a standard off the shelf....  Then when it doesn't work well due to improper tool geo, it's a huge let down and you end up getting a special made anyway.....

Circle mill and helix bore are by far the most used operations here after contour. What I really miss is a radial spiral toolpath, which would be a hybrid of 2d dynamic and circle mill and would give the user the "air" option by allowing to define an initial hole diameter. That would be a lot more lightweight than using the 2d dynamic for such a simple and common machining operation. Hopefully it doesn't take 2-3 interface revamps before we get this.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

I'm sure they make a 2.5in cbore tool but I don't want to run it.

Just cut it with a 1/8 endmill, call it job security and FTW!!!!!

:D