Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe C and Y axis

I'm using the Mastercam Imperial Training Tutorial Series Lathe C & Y Axis tutorial book. I'm currently stuck on tutorial one on page 123 which says that I should be "Spot drilling the hole using the C Axis drill." However, when I follow the tutorial and select what it said previously in the book was the correct position of my hole geometry, the verification shows that the hole is drilled incorrectly. The hole is drilled 90 degrees away from the supposable correct location according to my geometry on a pointed part of a hexagon instead of a flat section of the hexagon. It looks as though it is drilling at the 9 o'clock position instead of the 12 o'clock, it also tends to drill a hole all the way through to the opposite side (3 o'clock). Can anyone help me alter where the hole is being drilled even though the geometry said that it should be in the correct position? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Check your parameter settings for the tool through the tool parameters tab, not the toolpath parameters. There is an extra tab which (top right ) marked setup.

You can define whether it is a horizontally mounted tool or vertically mounted.