Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stl file for verify in mcam 2017

Programinator

I'm having a problem with the stl file.  When I use it to verify the program brings it in at a plane as the one that I'm going to verify.  For example I run the op1 and save as stl file.  then when I bring that stl file in to run the 2nd op  in verify it loads the first op in a diff plane so when verify runs it doesn't touch the model.  What am I missing?

So my process is as follows.  I bring in the file and set my plane to the 0,0,0 for my first operation with that plane in the stock view.  Then I go to stock setup and set my stock size.  Once that is set I make all the toolpaths for that operation.  then I verify it and save the stl file.  then I make another plane for the 2nd operation and create toolpaths off of that plane.  Then I try to verify with the stl file but it brings it in at a different plane.   first pic is my settings 2nd is how I want it to come in and 3rd is how it comes in.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

You may have better luck running a stock model and saving that out as an stl......

However, stock model itself might be a solution instead of an stl

Do a search there has been a ton of stuff covered on using Stock Model

19 minutes ago, Programinator said:

Is there a way to save stl in orientation of op1 or have it come in set to a plane.  I think that's the problem.

you can merge your stl into your file as mesh, use translate to orient it properly then save it back out

or use it as a stock model

• Like 1

Mastercam has new options now to select the "Output" WCS. Try outputting everything in "World Coordinates", instead of "WCS Coordinates". This includes your "Stock View". Use "Top/Top/Top" for everything when making STL Files.

The only downside to this is that you'll need to create a "Solid" block for your Initial Stock, if you are using a WCS that is not oriented to the System Top View.

• Like 1

I've found that keeping all of my stock models and verify STLs in TOP, regardless of what planes I'm using for toolpaths works the best, without the issues you're seeing. At first I was confused about how it all worked, but since I've been keeping everything in TOP it almost always works the way I want it to. 

I was reading this and kept thinking use stock model and be done. welcome to Stock model. There is a place at time still even thow they are farther and fater between to use STL . but majority of the time there is a call for Stock model and not just for verify.

Wait till you use a stock mode to use as a reference cut in drill in 2018.